The Maggotdrowners Forum - tricast finesse
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 tricast finesse
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ESOX Mick

Posted - 06 July 2008 :  06:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit ESOX Mick's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add ESOX Mick to your friends list
yo,has any one tried the tricast finesse yet and what is your verdict ?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Reelman

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  2:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Reelman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Reelman to your friends list
Hi, i have had the new Tricast Finesse for the last couple of weeks now and after using it on my last few outings i can honestly say that it is BRILLIANT!
A few months ago i was about to order the Talisman when i heard from one of the Tri cast Highfield team that there was a new match pole to be released shortly. After making a call to Vinny Smith, who is a tri cast consultant, he told me it was due out in May and was something special.
A couple of weeks later the poles arrived at Vinny's Highfield Angling Shop and i went along to inspect one. The one i tested was light, stiff and responsive, the wall strength was good, with the female joints being strengthened further with an extra carbon wrap.The new slip/slide finish is as good as any of the competitors and the spares package was tremendous.
I ordered one that day from my sponsor Stalybridge Angling Supplies.
Now, a couple of days later i heard about the reviews on this pole on the Maggot Drowning web site.I could'nt believe what had been written, as i have said, the pole i tested was superb.
My new stick arrived 3 weeks later and it was of the same quality as the one i had tested.
It was straight, a true length and the quality of the finish was superb. There were no issues with the spares package. Compared with the Talisman this is more of a match pole but, having now used it on different venues I have no hestitation in recommending it to anyone. It comes with a superb package and being a Tricast it will handle alot more than it states.

Go to Top of Page

uselessangler

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  9:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit uselessangler's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add uselessangler to your friends list
I was going to buy one but came across the same joint issue as reported so went for a Maver 401.

Since getting the Maver I have managed to break my personal match best, break a venue record and also break 2 sections through no obvious fault of my own.

Perhaps I should have asked to pick up a different Finesse to see if it was any better. The 401 is a great pole but seems fragile. In comparison to the Finesse I would suggest that it is more rigid but perhaps not nearly as strong in the walls.

Go to Top of Page

ulladubulla
Luke D.

Site Supporter

Nottinghamshire
England

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  10:42:06 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ulladubulla to your friends list
How good is the finesse at 16m?

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/...24de246f.jpg

Golden Maggot Custodian!
Go to Top of Page

gazmalman
malmanfloats.com

Durham
Heard Island & Mcdonald Islands

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  11:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit gazmalman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add gazmalman to your friends list
If you are unhappy with a pole that has broke through manufacturing faults you can have your money back at anytime within 6 months of purchase, thats under your statutory rights. So if you don't want the pole take it back and ask for a refund if it breaks again.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  11:51:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
I had a look at one, but decided to stick with Maver for the excellent customer support that I've experienced before. My view of Tricast is flavoured by long waits to see new products delivered to my local dealer, that would be a problem if I was waiting for a replacement section & deliveries weren't very frequent. I'm sure that the Tricast is a quality product and I believe the many reports about superior strength, but Maver has been an excellent company in respect of its post-sales support, so I've just upgraded to a Competition 401, an excellent alternative to the Finesse.

Cypry Diem
Wots that all about then?
http://www.middytackle.com Blog offline owing to the hosts closing
Go to Top of Page

HapperDapper
Life Member

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  11:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit HapperDapper's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add HapperDapper to your friends list
Didn't realise quite what my statutory rights were thankyou for that Gary.
I can see some pole manufacturers going out of buisness?

Go to Top of Page

gazmalman
malmanfloats.com

Durham

Posted - 09 July 2008 :  09:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit gazmalman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add gazmalman to your friends list
I only found that out the other week, it was on a TV programme with some guy from a consumer rights organisation. Apparently hardly anybody knows about it but you are perfectly within your rights to ask for your money back, but it is there in the sale of goods act 1979 even though many companies try and deny it. I wish id have known when I bought a maver.

Go to Top of Page

uselessangler

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 July 2008 :  07:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit uselessangler's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add uselessangler to your friends list
The problem has always been proving that its a manufacturing defect and not the customer causing damage. Returning to the retailer / manufacturer is naturally possible with obvious build fault but a breakage is much more difficult to determine the cause. In this situation they will ask you to send the section in for inspection and there are too many reports that suggest this is not always non-biased.

Buy your pole on a credit card as payment can be put into dispute / refunded months later.

On the subject of spares I thought that the Tri-Cast spares were easily obtainable?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

gazmalman
malmanfloats.com

Durham

Posted - 12 July 2008 :  10:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit gazmalman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add gazmalman to your friends list
You get a professional pole repairer to check the pole over, tell you whether there is a manufacturing default and get a statement off him.

Go to Top of Page

stevef

Oxfordshire
England

Posted - 16 July 2008 :  12:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevef's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add stevef to your friends list
I have had the Finesse for a couple of months and am delighted after a few initial issues which were sorted out immediately by Tri-Cast.

It is a great pole and no pole sections have broken yet unlike other posts! I do not expect them to either as the pole is built to last.

The pole gets my thumbs up and I still hold it at full / almost full length thinking how responsive it is.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.5 seconds.