The Maggotdrowners Forum - Mosella Band A Bait.
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Mosella Band A Bait.
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Chum Mixer

Central
Borneo

Posted - 30 September 2008 :  09:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chum Mixer's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Chum Mixer to your friends list
I too suffered putting the pellets on the band, especially when you are catching well and your hands are constantly wet, I purchased one of these gismos and like all good inventions the simpler the better, its an excellent product and well worth the money ( just needs to float when I drop it in lol )

Edited by - Chum Mixer on 30 September 2008 11:44:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Real ideas
Nick Palmer

Site Supporter

Posted - 01 October 2008 :  8:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Real ideas's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Real ideas to your friends list
I agree Chub Mixer being small it could easily disappear in the drink. I am going to see if it is possible to drill the smallest of holes in the pin you push and put a piece of high breaking strain line through so i can put it round my neck.

Excellent little gizmo.

Midge99, you are a card, throwing away your free spares lol

www.realideas.eu
Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

Gt. London
England

Rolfs Lake 200+ Club Member.

My Photo Album

Posted - 01 October 2008 :  11:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Real ideas

I am going to see if it is possible to drill the smallest of holes in the pin you push and put a piece of high breaking strain line through so i can put it round my neck.

????????? Nick,
look at the picture on the 1st post of this thread, there's a metal D ring on the plunger, just put a loop of line through that and hang it round your neck. You may even find the holes that the D ring locates in goes all the way through, saving you having to drill it if the ring is missing.

Rolf's Lake 200+ Club
Jinx Squad 2005-2012
Jinx 2 Day Winner 2012

Read 'My Fishing Diaries'
Go to Top of Page

Chum Mixer

Central
Borneo

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chum Mixer's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Chum Mixer to your friends list
Mine has the D-Ring on the top but I'd probably try and attach a small amount of cork or polystyrene

If I was to attach it around ny neck I'm sure I'd hang myself accidently by some way shape or from lol

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Real ideas
Nick Palmer

Site Supporter

Posted - 02 October 2008 :  6:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Real ideas's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Real ideas to your friends list
My excuss is that used it for first time last Friday at Crowthorne Angling shops water that I think some call Crowthorne reservoir and some call Grange Farm Fishery? Anyhow when posting on this thread I somehow tried visualise it in my head without bothering to go and have look......

.....just had a look in my box and I can now inform you all there is no need to drill anything as the 'clever' inventor has put...

..."a metal D ring on the plunger, just put a loop of line through that and hang it round your neck".

I am now giving it 11 out of 10

You don't need to make a feel stupid Peter. I do that myself lol. Do your best midge99.

www.realideas.eu

Edited by - Real ideas on 04 October 2008 05:32:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

mark bradley
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  08:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit mark bradley's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add mark bradley to your friends list
awsome bit of kit used mine all season well worth the fiver :)

Go to Top of Page

Billynomates
Life Member

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 November 2008 :  6:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Billynomates's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Billynomates to your friends list
Well pleased with mine, use ut all the time. Well worth the fiver

Go to Top of Page

steve kawa

Glamorgan

Posted - 26 November 2008 :  3:11:59 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve kawa to your friends list
Just got mine today(from the MD shop-thanks,Dave&co).Aswell as the small pack of bands in the packet there is also a small length of silicone tube to use for replacing the tool's band if(when)it breaks.Excellent idea, great product.
Steve kawa

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

ValleysBoyBrad

Gwent
United Kingdom

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  10:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ValleysBoyBrad's Homepage  Click to see ValleysBoyBrad's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add ValleysBoyBrad to your friends list
Excellent Product and well worth the 6 they charged me down Whiteacres !

Go to Top of Page

paulvis69
Life Member

Posted - 02 January 2009 :  3:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit paulvis69's Homepage  Click to see paulvis69's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add paulvis69 to your friends list
Yep these are great little tool, does 11mm pellets without trouble, better getting the bands flicking all over the place

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

stevieboy
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 02 February 2009 :  4:29:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevieboy to your friends list
Got mine last summer & used it with the Micro Mosella bands, these seam perfectly ok. Why are people binning them for the Gardener ones?

Go to Top of Page

Vince G
Hop Along

Kent
England

Posted - 06 February 2009 :  11:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vince G's Homepage  Click to see Vince G's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Vince G to your friends list
Got one from my local tackle shop yesterday. Will tell you what I think once I've used it but I'm sure I'll be very happy.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

macca63
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 February 2009 :  9:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit macca63's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add macca63 to your friends list
Definately going to get one of these the next time I'm in the tackle shop, as per usual the best inventions are usually the simplest

Go to Top of Page

T1Cybernetic
Life Member

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 July 2009 :  12:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit T1Cybernetic's Homepage  Send T1Cybernetic an AOL message  Send T1Cybernetic an ICQ Message  Click to see T1Cybernetic's MSN Messenger address  Send T1Cybernetic a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add T1Cybernetic to your friends list
Got my mosella banding tool + some extra mosella micro bands to play around with yesterday and so far so good, i really love the idea and it is now so much easier to get a pellet on, But the true test will be the match at my local pond tomorrow, wish me luck!!

Go to Top of Page

Genus9
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 05 July 2009 :  9:34:14 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Genus9 to your friends list
All the dealers are doing them now, We've got the Preston ones in stock now,

They were'nt actually invented for fishing, apparently they are a piece of equipment used for seperating minute wiring and are as the Preston rep told Me "available off the shelf",

But I must admit, at 5 they are one of the best bits of kit in My box,

Edited by - Genus9 on 08 July 2009 9:44:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

little_roach
Bazzer

Lancashire
England

Posted - 17 July 2009 :  5:21:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add little_roach to your friends list
I also use mine to band punched luncheon meat does the job well and the band sinks nicely into the meat to hide it. This would be virtually impossible to do by hand.

Edited by - little_roach on 17 July 2009 8:47:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

aston_fisher
Life Member

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 July 2009 :  9:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit aston_fisher's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add aston_fisher to your friends list
Just got one of these, seems like a really useful tool. Hoping to give it a spin tomorrow!

Do they last well? It looks a little fragile.

Go to Top of Page

tipitinmick

Posted - 18 July 2009 :  10:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit tipitinmick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add tipitinmick to your friends list
Hi all, I see that one or two of you are going to place a piece of line/string... whatever, around your pellet banders and place them around your necks. I just want to say be careful. I have witnessed a guy doing just this and when catapulting bait out got it stuck. The result was a bander stuck in his eye lid. Very nasty. BE CAREFUL GUYS. Michael.

Go to Top of Page

Larry
Lazarus

Site Supporter

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 July 2009 :  9:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Larry's Homepage  Send Larry an ICQ Message  Click to see Larry's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Larry to your friends list
I could do with one as well as i have loads of trouble try to band pellets i'll try my tackle shop thought don't fancy paying 2.99 postage

Cheer's Larry
http://larrysangling.webs.com/
A joker and a Sage,a Lover and a Spitfire
If it wasn't for bad luck i wouldn't have any luck at all.

"Sometimes, in order to open your eyes to the possibilities of today, you have to close your eyes to yesterday"
Sex is like air. It is not important unless you aren't getting any.
Go to Top of Page

Real ideas
Nick Palmer

Site Supporter

Posted - 25 July 2009 :  07:50:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Real ideas's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Real ideas to your friends list
Genus9 is right about everyone is getting these now. I was told Mosella had the distribution rights at the early stages but available to all that want them now. Used tackle were doing two for a fiver at Tacklefest.

Whoever does them is not important to me as long as we can get them.

www.realideas.eu
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.19 seconds.