The Maggotdrowners Forum - Stingie Tri-cast
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Stingie Tri-cast
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jackrus555

Humberside
Swaziland

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  2:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit jackrus555's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add jackrus555 to your friends list
Ive just bought the new margin pole xrs2k4 from Tri-cast.With all new poles from tri-cast you get a free top kit.Well thats what i thought.So the day finally arrives i get the tube brought to my house.With great anticipation i opens the tube only to find one bit of a power top two.So im looking in the tube like a daft p--- thinking wheres the other bit. Well theres not one, have they forgot to to put it in. I then ring tri-cast up and was told thats all you get, and if you want a full power top two you will have to buy the other bit.OK im not skint, but the margin pole was 250 which is not cheap. When you go on to their site tri-cast about us carefully read the wording, on a pole it says kit, on a margin pole it says top. Just another ploy to get more money out of you.Any comments please

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

MatNewman
Mat

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  2:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit MatNewman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add MatNewman to your friends list
Which part of the power top 2 do you get? I'm not sure what you mean from your description. Do you mean that you dont get any tops at all or do you get 1 power top and also a spare "part" of a power top?

Go to Top of Page

matchstickman25
it remains hidden

West Yorkshire

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  2:25:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matchstickman25 to your friends list
i would return it

Go to Top of Page

jackrus555

Humberside
Swaziland

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  2:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jackrus555's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jackrus555 to your friends list
you dont get the bottom bit thats the one that goes into the main pole

Go to Top of Page

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  2:53:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
Where did you buy it from?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

jackrus555

Humberside
Swaziland

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  3:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit jackrus555's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jackrus555 to your friends list
you get a full pole which includes one top kit.As part of the deal you get a voucher and when you send this to tri-cast they send you another top kit Not with their margin pole. You only get half a top kit. Hard to believe but true.

Go to Top of Page

jackrus555

Humberside
Swaziland

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  3:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jackrus555's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jackrus555 to your friends list
tackle direct in goole

Go to Top of Page

groundhog
Life Survivor

Shropshire
England

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  3:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit groundhog's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add groundhog to your friends list
jackrus555,can you actualy use the pole as is?,reading your post's I suspect not, so return the pole and claim the refund,then go into a tackle shop and purchase one that you can use.
By law item's have to be fit for their use and purpose.

Go to Top of Page

jackrus555

Humberside
Swaziland

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  3:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jackrus555's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jackrus555 to your friends list
Sorry i did noy make it clear in the first post but i hope in post 3 i have

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Alan76
Life Member

Merseyside
England

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  3:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alan76's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Alan76 to your friends list
Tricast make first class poles but what lets them down compared to other leading manufactures is the amount of spare top sections supplied with there poles.But it looks like they are trying to resolve the problem with the realise of the Finesse.
The margin pole will last a life time but for 250 I would at least expect three tops.

Go to Top of Page

Bungee
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  8:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bungee's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bungee to your friends list
Tri Cast make top quality kit, you know what you are getting before you buy...if you dont like the package, dont buy.

People seem to think the tackle industry owes us something. Its a business like any other.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Bungee
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  8:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bungee's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bungee to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Alan76

The margin pole will last a life time but for 250 I would at least expect three tops.

What if the cost of materials, development etc justify the 250 tag as it stands?? Tri Cast, and any other company, arn`t charities giving away kits to be nice!!

As I see it, it comes with two tops. You need more, buy more. Exactly the same with long poles.

Go to Top of Page

badpegpicker
Proud to be a.....

Northamptonshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  8:54:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add badpegpicker to your friends list
I think what the poor chap is saying is that you get one FULL top kit with the pole. Then you send off a voucher to gain an extra top kit.

From what it sounds like, the voucher only entitles you (in the case of a margin pole) to one section of an extra top kit (which section Im not sure lol)that equates to HALF a top kit????!! Very odd.

Seems to me that half a top kit is as much use as no top kit.
You cant use just the top section, if you elasticate through 2 sections, likewise, you cant use the second section for the same reason....hmmm.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Bungee
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  9:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bungee's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bungee to your friends list
And the voucher is a bonus. Surely the pole was bought on its merits for being fit for purpose with supplied package, rather than the free items swaying his decision??

Go to Top of Page

matchstickman25
it remains hidden

West Yorkshire

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  9:49:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matchstickman25 to your friends list
sounds like a misleading product description to me.

Go to Top of Page

jackrus555

Humberside
Swaziland

Posted - 20 May 2008 :  10:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jackrus555's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jackrus555 to your friends list
You dont get two top kits you get one and half a one. AND YES i did buy the pole on its merit as a strong pole,not for how many top kits it comes with.BADPEGPICKER you are right in what you say,and its the top one you get free.nearly all my gear is made by tri-cast because i know its good tackle.AND BUNGEE if i had to knowing what i know now i would still buy the pole again. BUT ! tell tri-cast what to do with something thats only fit for ( know i wont say it) sorry dave mikes had is little outburst.

Go to Top of Page

Dave
Red Leader

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

...fully qualified in Tea making

My Photo Album

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  1:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list
From Tri-Cast:

Sir

Thank you for pointing this out to us here at Tri-Cast. We can fully assure you and all the anglers that we are not in anyway trying to mislead anyone with the spares that you get with the new XRS-2K4 POWER MARGIN POLE.

Having taken advice from our top international anglers that are consultants for our company, they informed us that on most occasions when using a margin pole and indeed when long pole fishing that the modern and most efficient way is to have only your long Power Top Section elasticated. Therefore as our advert clearly states we supply the angler with a spare POWER TOP SECTION. This section can be elasticated on its own and will fit directly onto the pole. There is no other section required at all. If you are elasticating the top two sections then the amount of elastic that can then be pulled out of the pole by a hard fighting lump of a carp will just take you into the margin snags and you will never get it out. The idea of fishing the margins for these big fish is to hit the bite quickly and firmly and for the pole to have the power to stop the fishing from getting into the snags etc.

Therefore our team of anglers fish with power elastic through the long top section only and with the strength of the pole get more fish in the net and in a shorter time.

We certainly have not and did not set out to mislead anyone, and the pole cannot without doubt be described as not fit for use.

Regards

Steve Hopkinson

Tri-Cast

So there you have it, that's why you don't get a spare second section, because you don't need one

Dave

Please Support Maggotdrowning.com

MaggotMail Email service for Anglers

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

fishdogmick
catch alot

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  1:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishdogmick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishdogmick to your friends list
jack how long is this long power top

http://kizzyenglishbullterrier.com/.
Go to Top of Page

MatNewman
Mat

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  1:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit MatNewman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add MatNewman to your friends list
You cant say fairer than that

Go to Top of Page

CJROSCOW
Clint

Lancashire
England

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  2:31:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CJROSCOW to your friends list
well that clears it up, but by eck it must be a strong pole! imagine a barny rubble on a solid 20 through 1 section-squeeky bum time or what!!! this would be no good for me as I've always found that carp do need pulling out of the margin(just tighten the elatic a bit) but what happens when they power off into open water? The high doubles do this on our club water and getting em out of the reeds is not too bad put when they charge out is often the problem. Alot of the guys will fish with 20's through 4 sections, mulletto systems or at least red hydro through a long top 2. An elasticated no 1 would be useless, either the hook, line, or worse the fishes mouth would go ping. I've heard of no 14 laccys used through no 1's on canals for big chub but not for carp-does any one else do this?

Go to Top of Page

jackrus555

Humberside
Swaziland

Posted - 21 May 2008 :  3:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jackrus555's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jackrus555 to your friends list
First i would like to thank you dave for getting in touch with tri-cast second i would like to apologise to tri-cast and any members i might have upset.The top tri-cast are telling you to elasticate measures 51 inches or 4ft 3. This might start a debate but ill leave this to other members. thanks for all your comments

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.15 seconds.