The Maggotdrowners Forum - Longshaw Farm
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Longshaw Farm
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stevolution

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2008 :  11:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stevolution's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add Stevolution to your friends list
Had two brilliant days recently on the Middle Lake at Longshaw. On the first day, I had 3 bream about 2lb, a crucian, a load of roach around the 6oz mark, and two tench around three pounds. These all came on pole fished sweetcorn, fishing just over depth. I also had a nice chub of about a pound on maggot. Also had a carp at 7lb and three further tench around 3lb on ledger fished chick pea.

On the second day I had fewer fish but still a good day. This time the chick pea brought a 6lb carp and a couple of tench. Also had a tench on bread flake. The sweetcorn and pole produced loads of roach, this time they were bigger, with 6 or 7 being around the 1lb mark. Also had 3 small bream and one of about 3 and a half. Maggot produced the odd better roach but caught about 10 tiddlers on it too.

The bigger carp are in there too...I saw one cruising about in front of me at about 15lb but he wasnt feeding. Can't recommend it highly enough, they have a lodge selling maggots, worms, corn and chick peas too. The guys who run it are very friendly, as were the locals. Never fished there before so it was good to be able to ask the regulars for advice - and it worked!

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

sadcarluk

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2008 :  12:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadcarluk's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add sadcarluk to your friends list
hi mate i fish longshaw at least once a week sometimes twice when the wife lets me (lol). I thnk this fishery rates in my top five as dennis and edward (the owners) are very friendly and helpfull indeed. I sometime organise matches on there match lake and when i do you are more than welcome to join in. My biggest fish from the middle lake is a 16lb 4oz carp caught on worm and corn coctail, next time you go there let me know if im there we could meet up if wanted.

Go to Top of Page

Stevolution

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2008 :  2:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stevolution's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Stevolution to your friends list
Yeah I'll drop you a line next time I'm going down there. I was fishing the spot at the end of the causeway between the two lakes, in the corner. I found that I was hardly getting a touch on the float when using 5lb line, I had to drop right down to 1.7lb stuff to get em going. I thought about trying worms but never did, I'll take some with me next time.

Go to Top of Page

mickthechippy
space cadet

Site Supporter

Kent
United Kingdom

ON STRIKE !!!!

Posted - 24 April 2008 :  09:44:16 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mickthechippy to your friends list
I fish longshaw as much as I can, its my favorite stillwater,
I have found pink or red maggot to be a top bait for the roach with brandling sorting out the bigger specimens, corn works well for the crucians and tench with crust a close second
the owners are top geezers allways ask before setting up and they will guide you to the hot spots,
there are roach to 3 pound in the water with plenty of 2 pounders,I have had crucian to over 3 pound and tench to over four
I found the trick is to bait up with a bread/hemp mix first, you dont need a massive amount, a kilo is too much and then just a little loose feed, maggot or corn every half hour or so two catty pouches is about right, this keeps the roach feeding well and in your swim. do not overfed as it will kill off the takes
I normally fish about six inches overdepth with a 12 or 14 hook to a 4bb waggler on 4lb line with a number 4 or 6 shot as the tell tale
you wont do wrong over at long shaw nice place and no numpties!

why are the next pegs to me vacant?
www.hillbillyfloats.co.uk
www.marukyu.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.25 seconds.