The Maggotdrowners Forum - Bream pole rig for deep water
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Bream pole rig for deep water
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

racOOn

Slovenia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  10:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit racOOn's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add racOOn to your friends list
Helo from Slovenia again!

I'm looking for bream pole rigs for deep water (aprox. 3m deep). What can you recommended to me (which size and kind of pole float, etc.)?

Thank you for the answers!

Greetings, Bruno

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  10:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
Still water
Mick wilkinson Diamond 1.5g if the water is calm step to 2g if has a stronger town

0.14 sensas feeling to a B911 or a Pr32 16

or

Drennan Tipo

1.5g 0.16 feeling if the bream are especially bigger stamp to a B911 or Pr32 16

just a guide :)

Go to Top of Page

miloshn44
tHe WaGgLeR bOy

Serbia (Srbija)

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  10:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit miloshn44's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add miloshn44 to your friends list
Teardrop shape, wire stem, fibre antenna, not bigger than 1.25gr! We have some reservoirs with 5-6 meters at pole range, now that's deep enough for 2gr float for bream! On the other hand if it's not difficult fishing and if the bream are big, fished on the very bottom, then I guess it doesn't matter...

Go to Top of Page

budnudd
tackletartitis

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  11:27:39 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add budnudd to your friends list
F*ck it! fish the feeder lol

Go to Top of Page

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  12:30:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
Rac00n...Is the venue a lake/River?

Strat2...how do you think Rac00n is going to get a MW float in Slovenia?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

racOOn

Slovenia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  1:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit racOOn's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add racOOn to your friends list
Venue is lake.

MW floats? Hmmm, they are very good says many anglers, but I can't get them here in Slovenia. I can get Milo, Sensas, Dino, Trabucco, Cralusso, Exner and many others "continent" floats. I have a friend who is making them too (from balsa, peacock,...).
To me is more important to hear about right size of float. I was thinking about floats sizes to 1,5g too. In last isue of Match Fishing magazine (article - How to hit more bites) I found a few good advices too.
So I'm "collecting" advices to improve my bream pole fishing and is good to hear opinions from other anglers.
I'm thinking that England is still N.1 in fishing. For evidence I have a few pictures from 2007 WC from Valence (Hungary). :) :) :)
Look at here: http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/myfiles.asp
And I have some many more of them from there.

tackletartitis:
It's not allowed feeder fishing. Here are the same rules as on the WC (just 13m pole, limited amount of food etc.). :)

Cheers mates for the advices!

Greetings from SLO

Edited by - racOOn on 16 April 2008 1:09:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

jamiefish

Avon
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  1:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit jamiefish's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jamiefish to your friends list
sensas jean francois float from 1gr upwards depending on tow 0.12 line to 0.10 hooklink size 22 to size 14 kamasam b560 hook the size depends on the bait used shotted with an olivette two feet from the hook and a couple of number 8 droppers. i've used this rig a loy for bream fishing and had lots of success.

Go to Top of Page

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  1:23:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
Rac00n, i'd be looking at using floats from 0.5grm to 2 grm dependant on conditions and tow.

Rugby ball shape with a long plastic or cane bristle/tip and carbon stem.

If you can get Colmic floats then try the Colmic Jolly.

Edited by - mouse77 on 16 April 2008 1:29:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  1:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
jean francious any day. B560 if u are using natural baits

the set up i sed was for pellet :P above ont he mickwilkinson or tipo

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  2:06:47 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
Do you think the fibre tip on the Francios is bouyant enough when putting a bit of line on the deck?

Go to Top of Page

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  2:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
Well i fish jean francious with up to 6inches on the deck.

ive also seen will raison fish with up to 6inches on the deck

if you dont feel confident with using a fibre tip use a maver series 4 i think its the one with the bulbus body with a plastic tip these are perfect for chopped worm with line on th deck and running water

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  2:33:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
I dont have a problem Strat2, i use Drennan Carbo's for that kind of fishing but i think Rac00n might struggle to get them in Slovenia.

Go to Top of Page

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  2:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
sorry if that was aimed at you mouse i ment just in general if the confidence issue is there.

cane and plastic tips are more boyant so laying on the tip wont be dragged under :)

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

racOOn

Slovenia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit racOOn's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add racOOn to your friends list
Drennan Carbo float? I'll ask in my shop for them. They have all stuff from Drennan, so I think there won't be a problem.
Thanks!

How do you set your rig in most cases? Dead deep, over deep or "hanging".

Go to Top of Page

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  5:16:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
It just depends Rac00n on how they are feeding.

Some days it is better using a 0.5 grm float set just touching bottom and letting it run with any tow, other days it might be a case of fishing a 2 grm and sitting on your pole holding it still until you get a bite.In the UK we could be fishing with a lot of line on the bottom (18 inches) but i'm not sure whether that would be allowed under your rules.

In all most cases it is better to let the bite develop and wait until the float has dissapeared fully.The worst thing you can do when bream fishing is to lose a fish while it is still in the shoal.

Go to Top of Page

fishdogmick
catch alot

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  5:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishdogmick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishdogmick to your friends list
mick wilky floats you will never get fishing will have to sit at computer all day every day waiting

http://kizzyenglishbullterrier.com/.
Go to Top of Page

racOOn

Slovenia

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  6:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit racOOn's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add racOOn to your friends list
Thanks Mouse...

It's so hard to get them? Cccc... What so special on them?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 April 2008 :  7:26:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by racOOn

Thanks Mouse...

It's so hard to get them? Cccc... What so special on them?

Nothing Special about them, i'm just comfortable with them.
Floats catch more anglers than fish!

A lot of anglers buy floats for what they have written of the side instead of how they perform.

Just find a pattern that suits you.

Have a look at the Trabucco dream team 6.

Go to Top of Page

Top Bagger
Life Member

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 April 2008 :  08:04:17 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Top Bagger to your friends list
try using a double bulk rig and laying a bit of line on the deck

Go to Top of Page

miloshn44
tHe WaGgLeR bOy

Serbia (Srbija)

Posted - 17 April 2008 :  3:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit miloshn44's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add miloshn44 to your friends list
Hey, Racoon! You have those Hungarian PERFECT floats in Slovenia? We have them, here in Serbia. Trust me, they're excellent! What kind of lake is it? We catch bream on matches on large, deep reservoirs, although it's often waggler and bolognese, since it won't come close. Is it a reservoir there, or gravel pit, or else, and is the maximum depth 3mt?

Go to Top of Page

racOOn

Slovenia

Posted - 17 April 2008 :  8:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit racOOn's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add racOOn to your friends list
I know Hungarian PERFECT floats, but I'm using in most cases floats from my friend (he is making them for Slovenian, Austrian and others markets).
I'm catching bream on other lakes with waggler, but here on this lake they are very small and "delicate". On this match some anglers will be using bolognese but I'm decided to use pole rod ("fine biting fish").
The venue is lake, aprox. 3m deep.

Lijepi pozdrav u Srbiju, Bruno

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.15 seconds.