The Maggotdrowners Forum - pellet waggler
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 pellet waggler
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rod rest

Sussex
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  8:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit rod rest's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add rod rest to your friends list
hi,looking at fishing the pellet waggler very soon, what is the best way to attach pellet waggler and way to shorten depth to find fish, and any other tips would be helpful thanks

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

bign
Life Member

Nottinghamshire
England

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  9:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit bign's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add bign to your friends list
Everyone seems to have a different way of doing it.
I fix the float over a loop in the line and shot it accordingly as shown by Steve Ringer in a number of articles.
I change the depth by attaching the hooklength via a clip swivel so i can easily change the hooklength to find the right depth
I only use non weighted wagglers as i find i get on with them better than weighted ones

Go to Top of Page

midge99
Life Member

South Yorkshire
Madagascar

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  9:33:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add midge99 to your friends list
I just bought a preston loaed pellet waggler, it came with an attachment consisting of two rubber slieves and a plastic bar with a link swivel, you just attch the float the the swivel and it is simple to alter the depth, got it from fishing republic.

Go to Top of Page

JMCLincoln
T

Lincolnshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  9:34:28 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JMCLincoln to your friends list
Have a look at these.
http://www.cralusso.com/angol/waggler_kapcsok.php

Go to Top of Page

badpegpicker
Proud to be a.....

Northamptonshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  9:35:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add badpegpicker to your friends list
Hi mate.

To start with, you want to keep what is a very simple method as simple as possible

Firstly you want to make sure that your rod and reel are up to the job, as it can very hard on your kit if you re baggin'
A carp/power waggler rod will do fine.
As for the reel, most will do, but make sure its got a decent drag on it an its a sturdy one, and strong line too!
5 or 6lb mainline should do depending on the average size of fish.

Right, Im no expert, but......

My way is this.

Float choice:

At the moment im using Middy Splash em wagglers in 4grm and 8grm. They are self cockers.

I connect them via a preston waggler attachment (its a snap swivel on a plastic stick, with 2 rubber stoppers that go on the main line, making the float stay where you put it), that allows you to clip the float to the swivel and adjust your depth without having to use locking shot on the float.

Depth:

Alot of it dpends on the venue, but if its a fairly deep water, I tend to start at about 3/4 ft, then if no bites occur within 10-15 minutes, i try shortening or deepening the rig until I start to get bites.

If you see fish rolling its probably a good sign to start shallower.
Ive had days when Ive fished just 6 inches below the float!

Feeding:

I usually start off feeding a couple of pouches of feed pellet quite quickly, then after a few casts, i will feed half a dozen before or just after every cast.

Its usually best to cast beyond your feed area, catapult a few pellets out short, and reel in a couple of turns to bring the hook into the area.

The key to pellet waggler fishing is to keep a steady trickle of bait going in, and regular casting, so a few freebies every 30 seconds should do for a start.
You will soon find a rhythm that works best on the day if you start catching at a regular rate. sometimes you wont need to feed anything for 2 or three fish, others you might have to feed a few times before each fish!

Oh, and dont forget to take plenty of feed with you!

Ive been known to go through 5 kilo of feed in a 5 hour match!
Some I know use more!

Tight line:

If you re fishing a large open water, you will find that there is alot of drift, so you need to keep a tight line between your float and rod.
Try casting out, then dipping the rod tip under the water and tightening up, to help keep the line straight. Then instead of using a rod rest and butt rest, try sitting on your rod butt, and every now and then, turning the reel till the float just dips. This not only keeps the line taught, but also twitches the hook bait, enticing bites.

Dont worry if you dont get bites straight away, often it can take ages to get the fish to come up in the water. Many matches have been won on this method in the last couple of hours!!

As for the bites you get, well alot of the time, you wont even have to strike,as the fish usually hook themselves on the take!

Hope this helps a bit.

Steve.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Super ted
CRABKATCHA

Surrey
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  9:59:30 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Super ted to your friends list
Check out the Tight lines page on the sky sports web site. Theres a 6min video on there which gives a few hints....I think its steve ringer..not sure though.

Go to Top of Page

nick_gilbert
NG Floats

Site Supporter

Kent
England

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  09:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit nick_gilbert's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nick_gilbert to your friends list
look here

http://nick-gilbert.blogspot.com/20...-my-way.html

Float Store for Hand Made & Commercial XT Pole Floats, Wagglers, Silicone, Line and now Hollow Pole Elastic
Go to Top of Page

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  11:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
cralusso waggler attachments, milo attachments or preston attachments. :)

Go to Top of Page

young un
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  3:30:25 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add young un to your friends list
What I do is to use an unloaded waggler made out of foam around 5aaa shotting capacity with a drennan waggler adapter on the bottom of it these are like rubber tubing with a hole for your line on the bottom. Tie a 6 inch loop in the end of your mainline put the waggler on the loop not in it then shot it with the right amount of shot on this loop not in it then attach your hooklength to the end of this.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Matt Love
The slapper

Kent
England

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  4:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt Love's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Matt Love to your friends list
I wouldn't fix the waggler and shot on a loop or you will have to change hook lengths to try different depths.

Fishing shallow usually involves following the fish up and down in the water so you can be altering depth a lot.

If you want to protect the line from damage of sliding shot then you could try slipping a piece of pole float silicon either side of the float and put the shot on that. Try not to prevent the shot from rattling on the float though, it helps to attract the fish.

Go to Top of Page

pumpkinhead

Oxfordshire

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  4:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit pumpkinhead's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add pumpkinhead to your friends list
The carp where I fish have wised up to a heavy waggler fixed to the line. I now fish a loaded waggler in a loop. Exactly the same as the looped feeder rig. The fish then feel less initial resistance when taking the bait. I have different hooklength lenghts that I swap over as needed.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Anglingman
Mr Ginster

Site Supporter

Kent
England

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  4:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Anglingman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Anglingman to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by pumpkinhead

The carp where I fish have wised up to a heavy waggler fixed to the line. I now fish a loaded waggler in a loop. Exactly the same as the looped feeder rig. The fish then feel less initial resistance when taking the bait.

Does this mean you are not using a hair rigged bait ? Generally the fish hook themselves against the weight of the float.

http://www.rgfishing.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Matt Love
The slapper

Kent
England

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  4:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt Love's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Matt Love to your friends list
Usually Carp are spooked by loaded wagglers diving on impact. As long as you don't have to chuck it miles then the small dumpy unloaded balsa wagglers are the best I have found, on my venues I just use a 3AAA - 5AAA mostly. They just plop on the surface attracting the fish rather than spooking them.

Different venues require different approaches though so it's good to read how everyone does it.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

rod rest

Sussex
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2008 :  6:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit rod rest's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add rod rest to your friends list
rod rest here, thanks to every one for all the advice and tips will be trying them out real soon,

Go to Top of Page

young un
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 09 April 2008 :  3:33:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add young un to your friends list
Unloaded pellet wagglers are best because they don't dive as deep as loaded ones

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.03 seconds.