The Maggotdrowners Forum - Bankend Fishery Doncaster
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 Bankend Fishery Doncaster
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

freddiestar

Cambridgeshire
England

Posted - 18 March 2008 :  09:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit freddiestar's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add freddiestar to your friends list
Does anyone have any information on this fishery?

I have a match there shortly and would appreciate some useful pointers.bait,depths and usual weights in winter/summer.

The match I believe is on the west lake.

any info much appreciated.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Craigo
Life Member

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 March 2008 :  10:11:51 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Craigo to your friends list
on west lake your after f1's - up to now this year they havent come on the pole line in numbers but now its warming up so maybe they will. Up to now its been shallow waggler - even as little as 6inch if your missing bites - also pellet on the hook will see you pestered less by roach.

If you have a peg at the end with reeds worth a go with pole down side of them - both pegs on the point are flyers - I fished a match on Saturday which was on both the west lake and match lake - west lake won overall with 58lb on shallow wag off the point.

Theres soem big fish in west lake but its tye f1's in numbers you need which are bigger than match lake stamp and run to about 3lb

goods luck

Go to Top of Page

freddiestar

Cambridgeshire
England

Posted - 18 March 2008 :  9:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit freddiestar's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add freddiestar to your friends list
cheers Craigo I will give it ago. Thanks for the info.

Go to Top of Page

uniden300
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 March 2008 :  12:14:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uniden300 to your friends list
ticket price; day ticket 5.00 concessions 4.00

Directions - The water can be found by taking the A614 from Bawtry to Blaxton, you will come to a pub named the Blue Bell at a crossroads, take the right turn onto the B1396 signposted to Westwoodside and you will come across the waters on the Right Hand Side

description; bank end has a new 34 peg match lake which opened recently , stocked with carp. the other 2 lakes of about 4 and 3 acres are open all year round . the excellent shop which sells locally produced goods has a cafe were you purchase day tickets . most of the 120 pegs are suitable for anglers aith disabilities . the smaller of the 2 lakes as its more sheltered . you will do well fishing close to the reeds with a 5 metre pole .

types of fish; plenty of roach , perch, and rudd. there is also quite a few chub present . the skimmer bream are now reaching a good sizeloads of carp to .

rules / bans ;no dogs , no radios permittied. no carp in keepnets , no bloodworm,hemp,or tares, noground bait, barbless hooks only .

number of lakes; 3

Go to Top of Page

cityfan449
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2008 :  10:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit cityfan449's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cityfan449 to your friends list
Ground bait is allowed but only in feeder or pole cup.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

BARNSLEY100

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 May 2008 :  11:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit BARNSLEY100's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add BARNSLEY100 to your friends list
which lake is best for fishing just under on th pole? also do you think it will spook this fish if i just have my pole along th water? Finally what bait is best in each lake.

Thanks guys

NO1 Red

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.5 seconds.