The Maggotdrowners Forum - Preston hollo elastic, what does it mean?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Preston hollo elastic, what does it mean?
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

THESLABCATCHER
TEAM JINX

Devon
England

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  2:40:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add THESLABCATCHER to your friends list
Hi there, i could just be being a little simple but can anyone tell me what the Preston Hollo elastic ratings are relavent too i don't understand what 9h, 13h etc mean's, thanks.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Matt Love
The slapper

Kent
England

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  2:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Matt Love's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Matt Love to your friends list
Taken from their web site:

Because hollow elastic behaves and stretches differently to
solid elastic, Hollo Elastic is graded in odd number sizes.
These closely match the equivalent strength of solid
elastic but are only a representative guide.

This is only of use if you are familiar with the strenghts of solid though.

Go to Top of Page

phil-k
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  3:14:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phil-k to your friends list
Preston hollo elastic, what does it mean?

Preston-as in made by Preston Innovations

Hollo- as in its Hollow

Elastic --as in its stretchy stuff.

Go to Top of Page

THESLABCATCHER
TEAM JINX

Devon
England

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  3:21:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add THESLABCATCHER to your friends list
Very helpful, are'nt you a funny guy

Go to Top of Page

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  4:47:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list
Preston hollo comes in 4 size,s. 9h light blue 13h green 15h dark blue 19h purple, and as yalding bloke says they have give them odd nummbers, so it gos 0to9 9to13 13to15 15to19 19h being the heavyist most would say = to 20s,dont for get hollo was manly for carp so they have to started at a 9h which is up to 9 so what there saying is it will do the same as any elastic up to a 9s will do,so you can get small skimers roach and small carp,so 9h to 19h being for big fish you have to work out what size you need (on how big a fish you might get)and what elastic you feel comfy with.if you were going to start useing it i would start on a 13h or a15h and go from there.Hollo just means theres a hole all the way through the centre they say it helps it stretch better. hope it helps a bit.

Edited by - johng19 on 30 November 2007 4:56:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

poleangler
Life Member

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  7:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see poleangler's MSN Messenger address  Send poleangler a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add poleangler to your friends list
9h is more like 6-8, 13h is 10-12, 15h is 14-16, 19h is 18-20ish.
These all depend how you set them of course and how much elastic you actually put in your topkits.

Go to Top of Page

chavey
Life Member

Dorset

Posted - 01 December 2007 :  5:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit chavey's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chavey to your friends list
poleangler surely that should read: 9= 8-10 13=12-14 15=14-16 and 19=18-20 the h stands for Hollow. They have now got a 11h (10-12) and a 17h (16-18)
Remember Daiwa Hyro has a numbered grading to it, e.g blue 5-8 white 6-10 etc,but everyone just referes to it by its colour, as it was the original hollow elastic (all be it filled with lube)

Go to Top of Page

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 01 December 2007 :  8:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
i have every single size preston hollo in all my kits and it is perfect for any situation.
so far my fav is 11 hollo

Go to Top of Page

poleangler
Life Member

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 01 December 2007 :  10:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see poleangler's MSN Messenger address  Send poleangler a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add poleangler to your friends list
Chavey,
These are just what I think they are equal to.
I have used them all and elastics differ that much between manufacturers
that I personally think people would need to use them to say how strong they think each size equates to.
You could use differing lengths and get different results and after constant use a lot of them go softer.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.45 seconds.