The Maggotdrowners Forum - which hollow elastic
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 which hollow elastic
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dean5752

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  09:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit dean5752's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add dean5752 to your friends list
hi guys im afraid its another hollow question
i am looking at converting over to hollow elastic but am unsure as to which one to use
i have heard that hydro is the best but the price is also the highest also ive read some good articles about garbolinos bazookarp
can any one give any advice as ive got 20 top kits to elasticate and it might cost alot
also i need to use one for large silvers but is soft enough not to bump small silvers
any help would be much appreciated thanks
dean

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

dean5752

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  09:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit dean5752's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dean5752 to your friends list
just to let u know i fish commercials and for silvers ,tench,bream on canals

Go to Top of Page

norm

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

i am sh1t but have some cracking gear

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  09:44:41 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norm to your friends list
i like MAP hollow core

green for small fish and white for bigger fish about 3lb

don't take life to serious, have a bloody laugh
Go to Top of Page

Jessebobs
Steve!

Bristol
Mauritius

My Photo Album

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  11:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Jessebobs an AOL message  Click to see Jessebobs's MSN Messenger address  Send Jessebobs a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Jessebobs to your friends list
I use mainly Drennan Carp Bungee in 14-16 (Pink) for carp only situations and 10-12 (Yellow) for mixed fishing.
I also use Vespe Bi-core Super Heavy - Fluoro Red for carp and I'm trying out at the moment Preston Hollo 15H (Dark Blue) which seems pretty good too.
To be honest I think they are all fairly similar in performance except for the Maver Dual-Core which I have found to be far too stretchy and very tricky to net fish quickly without adding sections to net them.
And I refuse to pay over the odds for Daiwa Hydro just because it "sounds good"!

Go to Top of Page

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  12:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
preston laccys are all laced in my top kits all of the whole hollo range :)

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

phi77
Life Member

Staffordshire

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  4:19:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phi77 to your friends list
I was thinking of trying the middy shock core, anyone use it or have used it whats it like, i use the drennan bungee at the mo and must admit its good stuff for the money, i even land skimmers on the pink 14 - 16 without bumping them not that i fish for them purposely with that strength laccy.

Go to Top of Page

Alan76
Life Member

Merseyside
England

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  5:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alan76's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Alan76 to your friends list
Middy Shock Core is very good,Iv been using it for the last two seasons with no problems.The yellow 6-10 is perfect for silver and the odd bonus fish.And the red 12-16 is great for carp puddles.Its the cheapest of all the hollo elastics on the market at 5.99 a spool,if you cut the elastic in half and set up using a piece of dacron (fly line) it works out at 3.00 a kit.

Go to Top of Page

Jessebobs
Steve!

Bristol
Mauritius

My Photo Album

Posted - 18 November 2007 :  10:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Jessebobs an AOL message  Click to see Jessebobs's MSN Messenger address  Send Jessebobs a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Jessebobs to your friends list
Forgot to mention to always use with a winder bung so you can adjust the tension to suit the conditions on the day.
Ie- if you're fishing with heavy 14-16 elastic but find you're only getting teeny carp slacken it right off but it will still cope with a "lump" if one comes along.
Also, when it is new, the first time it's pulled out fully it will stretch a bit and will need tightening up.
There's no real need to use hollow laccy for silvers but if you must then try Drennan green.
Word of warning though, get a carp on this and it will stretch for ever!
Just re-read your original post ...... 20 top-kits .... OMG

Go to Top of Page

dean5752

Posted - 19 November 2007 :  12:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit dean5752's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dean5752 to your friends list
yes thats correct i have 20 top kits for my pole i have 10 for silvers and 10 for carp

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

rodring
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 21 November 2007 :  6:38:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rodring to your friends list
middy shock core in all its sizes is all you will need it really is the business.

Go to Top of Page

young un
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 22 November 2007 :  3:52:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add young un to your friends list
If you Don't want to pay 12 for your elastic the next best thing is Map Powertube Hollow or Middy Shockcore hollow you can pick these elastics up for aroung 7 each

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Bigolbear
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 23 November 2007 :  7:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bigolbear's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Bigolbear to your friends list
Any reason why no one mentions Hydro

Go to Top of Page

dean5752

Posted - 23 November 2007 :  8:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit dean5752's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dean5752 to your friends list
i was just asking whether there are any other recommendations other than hydro

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

dean5752

Posted - 24 November 2007 :  8:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit dean5752's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dean5752 to your friends list
are there any suggestions what connector to use with hollow elastic as im not sure how to use a crows foot

Go to Top of Page

phi77
Life Member

Staffordshire

Posted - 24 November 2007 :  10:46:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phi77 to your friends list
I personaly use the drennan hollow elastic stonflo type connecter and have never had a problem with them i have tryed using the crows foot but never got the hang of it with me being cak handed also the the drennan hollow elastic bushes are tops

Go to Top of Page

mike strutter
Life Member

Essex
England

Posted - 25 November 2007 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit mike strutter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add mike strutter to your friends list
i use drennan bungee 6-8 for silvers/bream etc 10-12 for smallcarp
and 15 preston hollo for bigger carp , the drennan is 6.99 inc connector and the preston hollo is 10

cheers mike

Go to Top of Page

slf
NUFC

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 November 2007 :  8:13:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slf to your friends list
white hydro for carp tho map hollow is good

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.5 seconds.