The Maggotdrowners Forum - Shimano Exage AX 1450 Competition pole Mini review
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Shimano Exage AX 1450 Competition pole Mini review
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Unholymoondog
Tinca Hunter

Devon
England

Posted - 26 October 2007 :  1:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Unholymoondog's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add Unholymoondog to your friends list
Well I have finally managed to get my Exage out for a test drive and I must say, Wow what a piece of kit !

I am happy with the package of 2 match kits, 2 power kits and a cupping kit although it would have been nice to have a couple more top kits. But for 399 I cannot really complain.

The finish on the pole is superb and really smooth. All the joints are reinforced for that little extra peace of mind. Shipping is so easy and it glides through the hands. I did not get the chance to use it beyond 13 meters, but it was easily fishable at 13 for the whole session. My mates were also very impressed with it and could not believe it was only 399.

Cupping a full load of micro pellet out to 13 meters presented no problems whatsoever, my Assassin advance would have launched most of it, 6ft into the air past 9 meters. (It's not me after all !)

I was a little wary when I hooked into my first carp, since this was my first session with the Exage, I did not know what to expect. I was using a power kit elasticated with white hydro and I was maybe a little over cautious. I was quickly put at ease, as a nice forgiving bend developed through to section 5, taking the pressure of the topkit. I took a little longer than usual shipping back, but it was not long until a 4lb common was slipping over the net. After that I was confident with the pole for the rest of the session. The poles performance was excellent throughout.

I have one little gripe though and that is with the SAS (Shimano Alignment System). A lot of manufacturers use "V" marks on each end of the section, Shimano does not. Each section is marked only at the bottom with the section number and part number. It is a little awkward having to look back to line up the sections. It is a minor gripe and I shall mark the top and bottom myself to make alignment easier.

I am so impressed with this pole, it is a joy to use. I cannot wait to get out with it again.

I have not tried many poles out, so it is impossible for me to comment on others in this price range. What I will say is that anyone who buys the Exage you will not be disappointed.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Matt Simmy
Matress

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 27 October 2007 :  10:59:18 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Matt Simmy to your friends list
Second vote for the Exage! Excellent pole for 400 quid and really puts some dearer poles to shame!

Edited by - Matt Simmy on 27 October 2007 11:02:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

adzinderbyshire
Life Member

Posted - 28 October 2007 :  7:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit adzinderbyshire's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add adzinderbyshire to your friends list
i've had my exage for 18 months now and i never even realised it had an alignment system, lol. so you are supposed to line it up by the section labels???

Go to Top of Page

Unholymoondog
Tinca Hunter

Devon
England

Posted - 29 October 2007 :  10:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Unholymoondog's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Unholymoondog to your friends list
Yes it aligns up on the labels It really is my only gripe, they could have made it clearer and easier.

Go to Top of Page

djhaze2004

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 13 November 2007 :  7:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit djhaze2004's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add djhaze2004 to your friends list
i have had one and i never new you had to align them up!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.1 seconds.