The Maggotdrowners Forum - maver 371
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 maver 371
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

paul14
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 27 September 2007 :  10:02:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add paul14 to your friends list
thinking of buying one after having a little fish with one today for about 20 mins.ive never owned a maver before due to all the bad press the pole i use at the moment is the sensas power match 634,but the maver does seem lighter and stiffer at 13mtr than my pole.is the maver a match pole or will it handle medium sized carp as well.also is it prone to folding.and the price of spares please....cheers paul.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

DOUBLE RED
Life Member

Leicestershire
England

Posted - 28 September 2007 :  6:30:14 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DOUBLE RED to your friends list
Ive had mine for 6 months now,i only fish commercials and ive used it all summer with no problems at all,ive had enough ton's to be confident in its strength.

Ive had it side by side with more expensive poles tourney,aspire,e.t.c this pole is almost a grand cheaper than these and up to 14.5 meters theres hardly any difference,add the fact that you get 10 kits in total including 2 spare number 4's all for 1300 its a great package.

If you remove the no.1 on the match kits and use a maver internal bush, these kits handle solid 14 elastic no probs.

An added bonus is the power kits need to be cut back a fair bit but this makes them the same length as the match kits, which means that all of the top kits for the pole are the same so whichever one you use your on the money every time.
I use black hydro or preston 15 hollow in these kits

If you want to put daft elastic in it and drag doubles in from tree roots youll be asking for trouble but that applies to any top end pole

In all i reckon that the 371 is a great pole if mine got knicked or damaged i wouldnt hesitate to buy another

Go to Top of Page

paul14
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 28 September 2007 :  9:29:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paul14 to your friends list
thanks for that dr that was a great reveiw is there anyone else out there that add to that before i spend some hard earned.....paul

Go to Top of Page

slappy2
Life Member

Somerset
England

Posted - 28 September 2007 :  9:42:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slappy2 to your friends list
if ya like it mate and want it,just go and buy it : - )

i ve always gone with me own feelings as remember its you using the gear not the person next to ya!

i ve heard alot of good things too about this pole,if i were you just check out the spare section side of things to show ya how easy and how expensive it will be if you were to break or lose a section or two!
but fingers crossed ya have a few years free of this : - )

tight lines

slappy

Go to Top of Page

paul14
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 29 September 2007 :  2:01:56 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paul14 to your friends list
does anyone where find out the price of spares for this pole please....paul

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

slappy2
Life Member

Somerset
England

Posted - 29 September 2007 :  2:43:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slappy2 to your friends list
look in coarse mags or pole mags and get numbers for fosters etc as there the cheapest around!!

Go to Top of Page

shootinfishin
Better than slappy

Strathclyde
United Kingdom

My Photo Album

Posted - 29 September 2007 :  5:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit shootinfishin's Homepage  Send shootinfishin an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add shootinfishin to your friends list
Don't take slappy's advice! He buys rods that fall apart.

Go to Top of Page

paul14
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 29 September 2007 :  8:48:16 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paul14 to your friends list
cheers fellas all opinions welcome.....paul

Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 29 September 2007 :  9:16:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
I've got a 371 and i found out the price of a number 6 because mine broke, it was 110 I think. But Maver replaced the section FOC under warranty, so I needn't have bothered. Its a good bit of kit with loads of top kits, including spare number 4s as has already been pointed out, spare top kits are priced on Mavers website. Happy with mine, but I'm no pole expert.

Cypry Diem
Wots that all about then?
http://www.middytackle.com Blog offline owing to the hosts closing
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

paul14
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 30 September 2007 :  12:06:03 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paul14 to your friends list
when you said your no6 went was it your fault or the maver hoodoo, because you dont hear of many no 6s folding under normal fishing conditions....paul

Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 30 September 2007 :  10:45:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
The break was over the roller and the load was from me making a rapid movement to park the front end in a pole sock, the power kit was already unplugged so i can't blame the fish. The experience left me very wary of poles being fragile and so i bought another pole (an N25) for fishing for larger carp & less safe situations. I'm more used to pole fishing now and so use the 371 most of the time.

Cypry Diem
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

scuttster
Life Member

Sussex

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  12:36:55 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scuttster to your friends list
i've a competition 201 which i was wary about using as the name suggested i was expecting a silver fish type pole but my first session with the pole i caught an 18lbs common and yesterday i had an 11.5lbs common.

Go to Top of Page

paul14
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  09:23:37 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paul14 to your friends list
cheers for that lads, thats made my mind up for me its either the 371 with all the kits or the 271 cheers....paul

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Matt Love
The slapper

Kent
England

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  09:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Matt Love's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Matt Love to your friends list
Paul, I got the Elite 47 for 1875. It's better than the 371 and you get a free 13m carp pole with it that is also a great piece of kit! Plenty of kits and if you are bagging on big carp you don't have to use the match pole although it can still take punishment. For an extra 400 - 500 you get a better pole and a second pole - not bad eh? Also, all the sections of the 2 poles are interchangeable so if you bust a big section you just pinch the section from the other pole. The 14.5 and 16m sections of the match pole ALSO fit the carp pole. Why not check it out before you decide?

Go to Top of Page

sabre6505
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  10:48:56 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sabre6505 to your friends list
if i was you i would give W.M.A.C in birmingham a try i think you will be pleased with there prices

Go to Top of Page

strat2
Life Member

Australia

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  3:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see strat2's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add strat2 to your friends list
just makes me think why trade in the sensas those poles are amazing i am an sensas pole owner and they tick all the boxes for me :)

Go to Top of Page

reevo
Life Member

Wiltshire
England

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  5:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit reevo's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add reevo to your friends list
SPECTRON POWER IN CLASSIFIEDS NO COMP MATE.STRONG STIFF LIGHT.PROBABLY LAST YA LONGER TO

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

maxwell_hung
caster blaster

South Yorkshire
Botswana

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  7:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit maxwell_hung's Homepage  Send maxwell_hung a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add maxwell_hung to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Looney

The break was over the roller and the load was from me making a rapid movement to park the front end in a pole sock, the power kit was already unplugged so i can't blame the fish. The experience left me very wary of poles being fragile and so i bought another pole (an N25) for fishing for larger carp & less safe situations. I'm more used to pole fishing now and so use the 371 most of the time.

I would say that's more down to your fault than a fragile pole. Sounds as though you didn't have your roller(s) positioned quite right and it was making a pressure point on the section that broke.

Poles are generally strong in use but are very fragile when it comes to impact hits or undue pressure on sections like as was in your case

Go to Top of Page

paul14
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  8:19:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paul14 to your friends list
ive had a sensas pm 634 for about 12 months now and its a very good pole its a bit heavy at longer lengths but for the money you must expect that. its just that when i picked up the maver it seemed dead right i cant explain why it just did.i am not a match angler and never will be,also i dont have a face like a slapped ar*e if i dont drag 100lbs of carp out using tow rope elastic,but each to their own.i just love catching lots of fish using good tackle.i think 1500 is as much as the wife will let me spend and i must say i tend to agree with her....paul

Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 01 October 2007 :  11:09:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by maxwell_hung

I would say that's more down to your fault than a fragile pole. Sounds as though you didn't have your roller(s) positioned quite right and it was making a pressure point on the section that broke.

Poles are generally strong in use but are very fragile when it comes to impact hits or undue pressure on sections like as was in your case

Hmmm... Maver needed to examine the section before deciding that the pole section should be replaced free of charge. A fault won't be exposed with the pole in a tube. Unsure as to what you base your 'undue pressure conclusion' upon there fella?

Cypry Diem
Go to Top of Page

maxwell_hung
caster blaster

South Yorkshire
Botswana

Posted - 02 October 2007 :  10:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit maxwell_hung's Homepage  Send maxwell_hung a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add maxwell_hung to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Looney

The break was over the roller and the load was from me making a rapid movement to park the front end in a pole sock

You state that there. Sounds like the balance was wrong on the rollers and there was too much weight at the back end.
Fair play for getting a new section FOC though

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.52 seconds.