The Maggotdrowners Forum - Best hook baits for bream ?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Bait Talk
 Best hook baits for bream ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mark bradley
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit mark bradley's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add mark bradley to your friends list
hi
am fishing a match on a big bream water in south yorkshire on sunday and just wondering what hook baits are best for bream ?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

newies_maggots
Life Member

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit newies_maggots's Homepage  Click to see newies_maggots's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add newies_maggots to your friends list
corn
worm
caster
maggot

you get the bream in your swim with gb and hold them, they will take any of the above very well.

Go to Top of Page

glenn
Account Locked

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:09:46 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add glenn to your friends list
Always think in this country caster and red worm.While on the subject i know a lot on here breed their own but around here seem to be having trouble getting many reds even from the tackle shops

Go to Top of Page

ada
brummie

Midlands West
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit ada's Homepage  Send ada an ICQ Message Bookmark this reply Add ada to your friends list
i would normally say the usual caster worm corn but a lot of bream are being caught on the pellet(halibut 10mm are lethal) and white chocolate mini boilies but in a match i would start on open end feeder filled with a good groundbait half supercup half sensas lake with braseem added is a cracking mix with a few casters and squatts added give the worm the first hour if no response try the pellet

Go to Top of Page

newies_maggots
Life Member

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit newies_maggots's Homepage  Click to see newies_maggots's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add newies_maggots to your friends list
method feeder..

GET THE BAIT IN, more the better

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

nickg
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit nickg's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nickg to your friends list
spod for bream?

Go to Top of Page

newies_maggots
Life Member

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit newies_maggots's Homepage  Click to see newies_maggots's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add newies_maggots to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by nickg

spod for bream?

not in MATCH fishing you cant?

Go to Top of Page

ada
brummie

Midlands West
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  12:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit ada's Homepage  Send ada an ICQ Message Bookmark this reply Add ada to your friends list
who says you cant spod in a match?
some of draytons top boys have been spodding for years

Go to Top of Page

glenn
Account Locked

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  12:19:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add glenn to your friends list
We had this topic befor is there a rule on spodding or just local rules i never found out.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

newies_maggots
Life Member

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  1:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit newies_maggots's Homepage  Click to see newies_maggots's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add newies_maggots to your friends list
well in a way, using a feeder is like spodding

Go to Top of Page

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  4:25:56 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list
May sound daft to some of you but I've had some of my best bream catches on 5-6 squatts on a twenty hook, especially if your putting a lot of squatt through the feeder.

If you don't weigh in then you've caught f*** all.
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Chopper
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  9:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chopper's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Chopper to your friends list
Good old favourites for me, double red maggot or half a dendra.

Go to Top of Page

martin.
Account Locked

England

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  9:51:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add martin. to your friends list
Worm & Caster coctail is my fav followed by flro maggot or pinkie

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Festa
Life Member

Surrey
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 22 August 2007 :  11:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Festa's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Festa to your friends list
my favorite method is to chuck 5 - 10 feeder loads to a target and fish over the top with quick link feeder / bomb. Use double / triple red maggot, interchange with corn and or worm and caster for good measure. Main advice though is to get a decent "bed" of bait down first and leave for 1/2 hr or hour before fishing. Oh and keep topping the swim regularly. Good Luck for the match mark.

Go to Top of Page

mark bradley
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 23 August 2007 :  07:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit mark bradley's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add mark bradley to your friends list
cheers fellas some good advice there gonna take at least 3kg should see me through match and worms corn caster seem to be the fave optoin :o)

Go to Top of Page

ubat
Life Member

Hertfordshire

Posted - 23 August 2007 :  08:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit ubat's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add ubat to your friends list
Red maggot
Red worm
caster
pellet
Red or white boilies
sweetcorn
flouro pinkies
meat

Depending on your feed, I would look at most of the above and most importantly, changing the bait if there not "'aving it"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.17 seconds.