The Maggotdrowners Forum - Daiwa Hydroelastic
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Daiwa Hydroelastic
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PurpleWheelyBin
Scouser and Proud.

Merseyside
Poland

Posted - 12 January 2006 :  2:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit PurpleWheelyBin's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add PurpleWheelyBin to your friends list
Hi all,
I have heard alot about this elastic and was wondering if anyone could tell me what breaking strain line you would use with the various strenghts of this elastic.

IE, Black
Blue
Red
White.

Cheers

http://masterangler.proboards49.com/index.cgi

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

gingert76
Life Member

Posted - 12 January 2006 :  2:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit gingert76's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add gingert76 to your friends list
might be worth using the search button above as hydro has had a lot of threads

Sensas JP

Go to Top of Page

james16
Life Member

Cheshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 12 January 2006 :  3:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit james16's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add james16 to your friends list
Blue=1.5lb
White=2.5-3lb
Black=3-4lb
Red=5-6lb

Go to Top of Page

hampson
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 13 January 2006 :  5:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit hampson's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add hampson to your friends list
Hi all
Hey james16 I think your a bit shy

Blue 2.5lbs
white 6lbs
black 8lbs
red 15lbs
if your pole can standit
but to be honest i dont now relate to breaking strain, i now relate to diameter of pre stretched mono
blue say 0.8 to 0.10 as main line and hook length
white 0.12 to 0.16
Black 0.14 to 0.16
red 0.16 to 0.22 +
Regards Hampson

Go to Top of Page

PurpleWheelyBin
Scouser and Proud.

Merseyside
Poland

Posted - 13 January 2006 :  6:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit PurpleWheelyBin's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add PurpleWheelyBin to your friends list
Cheers Folks,

Now for my other question.

I mostly fish comercials and I use three top kits only. Now, I want to set these up as follows

1, a margin rig.
2, open water full depth
3, open water shallow.

What would you suggest is the best set up?

The place I usualy fish the most holds a good head of carp to low doubles also some tench and bream.

Rgds

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

blakey_89
Tackle Tart!

Cambridgeshire
England

Posted - 13 January 2006 :  6:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit blakey_89's Homepage  Click to see blakey_89's MSN Messenger address  Send blakey_89 a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add blakey_89 to your friends list
for your margin line you will want a heavy elastic such as red hydro if your pole can handle it, if not that i would recomend the purple hydro when it is out in the shops. at full depth you will probably do best fishing with black hydro and for fishing shallow you may want to scale down to grey hydro depending what the average size of fish youre catching, or again another top kit with the black hydro, dont want anything to strong when fishing shallow so keep it set soft.

Go to Top of Page

PurpleWheelyBin
Scouser and Proud.

Merseyside
Poland

Posted - 13 January 2006 :  7:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit PurpleWheelyBin's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add PurpleWheelyBin to your friends list
Cheere Blakey.

Thats gave me a good idea now of what I need.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.45 seconds.