The Maggotdrowners Forum - Which is the best fishing umbrella ????
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Which is the best fishing umbrella ????
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Bricktop
Snap

Gt.Manchester
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 09 November 2005 :  7:36:56 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bricktop to your friends list
quote:
Originally posted by Simon R

Don't rely on the box attachments unless you've got a heavy box - I've seen more than one do a Mary Poppins impression in strong winds.

Simon

Been there, done that. It's not good.

The first time I did it, I'd attached the brolly to the box, and then decided to nip round the back and pin down the ropes. As I pulled the ropes, I tipped the whole lot over dragging it into the water. The second time, I stood up to sort out my trouser tackle and my box disappeared from under me getting dragged several feet back.

I like the tip about setting up the brolly pole level with the front of your box. Thats never clicked with me before Wondered why everything behind me was dry, but I could always see the sky if I looked up. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.

Matt

Go to Top of Page

Catch22
Account Locked

England

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  09:08:08 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Catch22 to your friends list
Brolley pole at the front, doesnt that get in the way of you sitting on the box, i guess you getoff it backwards ??

Go to Top of Page

16Ewasko
Life Member

Hampshire
England

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  10:59:10 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 16Ewasko to your friends list
I have 2 umbrellas. One is a 50 inch nubrollie that I use for short sessions. For extra stability I have 2 storm poles and guy ropes. Secondly I have a Nash Oval Plus that I use for summer overnighters and that is really stable.

Go to Top of Page

Simon R
Life Member

Site Supporter

Teesside
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  12:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R's Homepage  Click to see Simon R's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Simon R to your friends list
quote:
Brolley pole at the front, doesnt that get in the way of you sitting on the box, i guess you getoff it backwards ??

I don't put the brolley pole at the front - it's at one side or the other (depending which way the winds blowing)

Simon

http://stokesleyanglingclub.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Catch22
Account Locked

England

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  2:00:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Catch22 to your friends list
Yep im with you now,i can see that would work on wide swims, often there is little space either side and the behind box position is the best.

Ive always thought the brolley attached to the seatbox arm was asking for trouble, just got off Ebay the brolley spike that you can push into the ground and have your brolley pole slide into the spike tube and lock in position.

Lets face it big round sail like objects and windy days just dont mix, but better to be dry than sitting out in your waterproofs while you sit in a puddle !!

Go to Top of Page

Bill Campbell
Fife Member

Fife
Scotland

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  3:45:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bill Campbell to your friends list
A brolly is a waste of time.... get in the way ! to much trouble setting it up right and besides " your waterproof" the rain stops at the skin.
I once attached a brolly to me seatbox.... got up and the wind had the lot in the canal and I got soaked rescuing it....... not worth the pain.

Bill

Go to Top of Page

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  7:57:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list
if your not in your own car its alright to get all your stuff mickwet but if it your car a brolly is a must

Go to Top of Page

Catch22
Account Locked

England

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  10:35:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Catch22 to your friends list
Just got the new Leeda Fibrelite Nubrollie 50" and with removable pole that can be re-positioned at the back.

Has a good long removable ground spike ( about 40" long ) and the material is heavy duty.

Better quality than the Leeda 2XL stuff but then again it did cost 39.00

At least im sorted, thanks to Climax Tackle !!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

hombre
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 12 November 2005 :  9:38:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hombre to your friends list
Just bought a Keenets lite-shield umbrella, as the name implies it is very light, much easier to carry and doesn't seem to be affected by the wind as much as the old heavyweight brollies. Very pleased with it.

Go to Top of Page

davyr
Life Member

Cheshire
England

Posted - 14 November 2005 :  11:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit davyr's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add davyr to your friends list
The latest IYCF mentions a new product called the Korum Day Shelter - pramhood style, can't blow inside out, lightweight and easy to erect, covers "a Dad and lad and all their tackle" @59.99 - sounds good!

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

pinkhammer
Life Member

Merseyside
England

Posted - 22 November 2005 :  6:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit pinkhammer's Homepage  Send pinkhammer a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add pinkhammer to your friends list
Off to Sheffield at the weekend to watch Ricky Hatton, before the fight starts im going to shoot down to Bennetts of Sheffield to view a few umbrellas as i still have not purchased a new one yet,with this cold i think i better buy a one piece suit fleece lined (wooly bear) whilst im there!!!!!

Has anybody been there before ?

I know they are a bit pricey but surely with all the stuff they sell , the place must be massive...

anybody recommend anymore tackle shops to go & view around the North-West area as me & my mate are willing to travel to eventually find a solution to this problem.

Go to Top of Page

PurpleWheelyBin
Scouser and Proud.

Merseyside
Poland

Posted - 22 November 2005 :  7:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit PurpleWheelyBin's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add PurpleWheelyBin to your friends list
I have seen this one myself. Just wondering how it packs down though. can you fit it in a holdall when closed?

http://masterangler.proboards49.com/index.cgi

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

pinkhammer
Life Member

Merseyside
England

Posted - 22 November 2005 :  7:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit pinkhammer's Homepage  Send pinkhammer a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add pinkhammer to your friends list
Which one are you on about mate as that link seems to be the homepage of FISHING MANIACS but nothing about an unbrella ???

Go to Top of Page

burger
Life Member

Posted - 10 December 2005 :  12:53:07 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add burger to your friends list
just get wet fella the fishing a bonus

Go to Top of Page

2ts
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 10 December 2005 :  02:02:48 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 2ts to your friends list
i mentioned the brolly i bought from vale royal angling for 35 quid in a previous post on brollys.i still have not used it as i dont like brollys at all,however i am confident that it will do for me.
WILLOW,you say you have yet to see anyone fish a match and not use i brolly when it is lashing down,i dont use one,ask anyone that knows me.but as i get older i get wiser,i am now using an ex-army gore tex poncho that suits me fine. and as for keeping my bait dry i just use an angling times groundbait carrier upside down as a rain hood over my bait boxes(one for each box)i am not a slave to fashion, and i dont dissolve in the wet.
regards 2ts

ANGLING ATHLETE

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.48 seconds.