The Maggotdrowners Forum - River Don, Aldwarke
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 River Don, Aldwarke
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_Sogster
Stick and 'Pin

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 20 July 2005 :  1:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_Sogster's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add The_Sogster to your friends list
I had heard some good reports on this venue and so decided to check it out.
I started by fishing the navigable Don above the weir (Behind Gala Bingo) using maggot, hemp, worm and bread on the feeder however after a couple of hours the only response I elicited was from some suicidal gudgeon. With the wind freshening from gale force to hurricane force and playing havoc with my tip I then decided to move swims. I moved about 100 yards back towards Aldwarke road and fished the section above the weir between the concrete barge stoppers where I was nicely sheltered.
I then fished to the far bank trees casting every ten minutes or so with a feeder mixed 50/50 hemp and maggot. After three casts I hit into my first 'proper' fish of the session a 2oz roach. This was followed by several others along with a few nice skimmers to 1/2lb.
The bites then came thick and fast with one or two nearly pulling the rod in, typically I was enjoying a cuppa and a sandwich at the time and missed these very 'chubby' bites.
Still all in all a good afternoons free fishing and worth a try again.

"What a geat day for shoving a cucumber through the vicar's letterbox and shouting look out look out the martians have landed."
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.25 seconds.