The Maggotdrowners Forum - Where you fished today (Part 7)
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Where you fished today (Part 7)
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave
Red Leader

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

...fully qualified in Tea making

My Photo Album

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  10:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add Dave to your friends list

The start of a new thread, 'Where you fished today (Part 7)'.
Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 now add up to 640+ posts ! And in case you've missed them, here are shortcuts to the previous threads:

Part 1

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7

Part 2

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 3

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 4

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 5

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 6

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

So if you're new and have an hour or three spare take a read of the previous reports and lets continue posting.....

If you wish to include a photo feel free using the 'MyPhoto' but for the enjoyment of others, please crunch/optimize them to reduce your file size to less then 30,000bytes - the smaller the better

Happy posting , Dave

Edited by - Dave on 01 March 2003 9:24:59 PM

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

norm

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

i am sh1t but have some cracking gear

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  11:53:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norm to your friends list

no were i was at work

don't take life to serious, have a bloody laugh
Go to Top of Page

Dai Fish
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 11 October 2002 :  12:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Dai Fish's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Dai Fish to your friends list

Wednesday 9th October Seven Oaks fishery Pontyclun

This is my first fishing since the Trent fish-in and after my blank there I chose a fishery that I know well and was very confident of tempting one or two fish, this fishery was in the where to fish section of the last issue of Improve your coarse fishing.

I arrived at the fishery at about 9.30am and chose a swim on the far bank, there was a very strong cold wind blowwing along the lake which made it quite uncomfortable at times, there were a large number of fish showing so I was very hopeful.

I went armwd with a large selection of baits many of which were flavoured with my purchases from the Trent fish-in and I was very eager to try them after all that I had read on the flavours, it was just a shame that the fish did not want to try them on this visit, nor were thay very interested with the normal baits that are used on the water, the fish that did pick up the bait did not do so in the usual way , thay normaly take off like a rocket but today thay were very subdued the rods did not fly off the rests the tips just pulled gently round and the fish did not seem very interested in playing, and this was not just me but everyone on the lake was strugeling. I ended the day with four fish the biggest waighed 5.8lb and the smallest a little over 1lb and no two fish took the same bait.

I was very pleased to have caught some fish but very puzzled at the way it fished, those of you that have read my other reports on this venue will know that even through last winter you dare not have slow reflexes on the bite or you risk loosing your rod, as the fish take off so fast, hopefuly I will get there again over the weekend and find out if it was just an off day

Dai Fish

Go to Top of Page

teepee
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 October 2002 :  2:55:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Nice one Dai, at least you did'nt blank.(LOL)

teepee.

teepee.
happy potting

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 October 2002 :  7:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit dazb's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dazb to your friends list

toma

kept that one huss huss didn't you lol

dazb

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

MALC
Life Member

Site Supporter

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 11 October 2002 :  8:19:11 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

Put it down to the time of year Dai the fish tend to be a bit awkward for a while till they get used to the drop in temp.

Nice to see the Sea's report Toma keep em coming.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

100lb+ JINX CLUB MEMBER x 14
200lb+ ROLFS CLUB MEMBER x 11
MINXED 10 Times From 100+ Outtings

Go to Top of Page

martin.
Account Locked

England

Posted - 11 October 2002 :  8:24:05 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add martin. to your friends list

hi andy
nice to see your as good with sea fishing as you are on trent
LOL LOL

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing f**k football

Go to Top of Page

Geoff P
The grumpy one!!

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire

Enjoying retirement.

My Photo Album

Posted - 12 October 2002 :  9:14:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Geoff P to your friends list

Saturday 12th October.

After all of the rain yesterday, I woke up to clear skies so off a fishing I will go. Left the house at 8-15, took my daughter to work, to the tackle shop to buy bait then off to Briton Ferry and a morning session on the Neath Canal.

The only bait I took was half a pint of casters, half a pint of maggots and a small tub of worms. Most of the bait is now back in my freezer, as I don't think I used more than a quarter of a pint of bait.

I set up my pole to fish at 5 metres, in four foot of water, 1 gram float on 5lb line with a size 16 tied to 3lb hook length. I started with chopped worm and caster and hooked a couple of decent Rudd then it went quiet.

After half an hour without a bite I changed to a size 20 hook tied to 2lb line, fishing single caster. This seemed to do the trick as over the next four hours I took 50+ Rudd all over 4 ounces with the largest going just a pound. I also had over 20 Perch, only one of any size and 2 Tench of about 1lb.

A good mornings session

Geoff
RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Geoff

MDs Rolfs Pairs Champion 2010 partnering Spamwham

Go to Top of Page

Dai Fish
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 12 October 2002 :  11:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Dai Fish's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Dai Fish to your friends list

Sat 12/10/02 Seven Oaks

After the strange day I had at this fishery on Wed I thought I would see if it fished any better today, I started fishing at around 10.30am and fairly soon the tip went round and a Carp of about a pound came to the net, I did not get another bite for around an hour that resulted in a Carp of about 8oz, then nothing until late afternoon (this was the same for most people on the lake), then the bites started to come at a fairly regular interval.

I was fishing two rods one a groundbait feeder cast out around 25-30yards, the other rod was an ounce bomb on the alarm, the baits were as near as pos the same as Wed, I still did not get a touch on any of the flavoured baits, all the fish today were taken on corn or worm, the feeder rod was the most productive in the amount of fish caught, I had 5 carp up to a shade under 3lb all on corn from this rod.

The other rod stayed silent for most of the day until late afternoon when the alarm sounded and I struck in to this cracking mirror which went to 7.12lb.

Then just as I started to pack away the alarm sounded again and after a very dogged fight this even bigger mirror came to the net the scales on this one went to 9.10lb

The fishing was much better today, not up to normal but better than Wed, I finished fishing at 6pm

Dai Fish

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

AndyA
Life Member

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 15 October 2002 :  10:16:50 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndyA to your friends list

Tues 15.10.02 Birkdale Fisheries. Terrington. York.

Well wasn't I the lucky one, managed to finish work early today so I phoned my Mrs at work and she agreed to pick me up from home at lunch time and drop me off at my local Carp lake .

I unloaded all my gear and got set up for just before 2.00pm, the weather wasn't too clever mind but I'd lashed on several layers of clothing "just in case" .... glad of it too.

The lake itself is nearly rectangular in shape and has a long Island in the middle, It was plain to see that the wind was blowing up from the far end (deep end) of the lake along both sides of the island towards me and the water seemed to calm as it reached the end of the island ..... aha .. that'll do me I thought.

1st choice peg at end of island

After an hour or so I began to get a bit restless, the wind had shifted course slightly and the brolly was getting close to lift off, the area of still water had moved to my right and I could see that the fallen leaves, duck feathers etc were hardly drifting from that spot ... time to uproot me-thinks !

2nd choice peg

And here we are all setup and ready for action

I had been ledgering with both rods (to no avail) at the 1st peg, but with the calm water in front of me I thought I'd have a go with the surface controller

After 2 or 3 cups of tea, a bag of Maltesers and a relaxing pipe, a vision of joy appeared ... a pair of bronze lips popped up out of the water and began sucking in the mixer biscuits I'd catapulted near to my bait a little earlier .... my heart started to race (am I sad or what ?), at last signs of life !.

After what seemed like an eternity my controller disappeared from sight as the Carp took my bait and thrashed towards the Island, I grabbed my rod and lifted ... yeehah the hook's set , a little while later I netted this 7.5lb Mirror.

Around about 40 mins later the scene was repeated and I landed this 6lb Common.

I must have spent another hour and a half waiting for a repeat but it wasn't to be, the light was fading and I couldn't really see my controller anymore, that's it then ... time to pack up. 10 mins later another vision of joy appeared, the headlights of my wife's car flashed, she's good to me

Well that's about the sum of my afternoon's fishing, 2 fish ... chapped knees and a smile on my face

Aaaah .... soon be fishing !

Go to Top of Page

Dai Fish
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 15 October 2002 :  10:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Dai Fish's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Dai Fish to your friends list

Nice one Andy, glad someone got some fishing done

Dai Fish

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

MALC
Life Member

Site Supporter

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 16 October 2002 :  12:49:13 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

Geoff
Nice to see the canal is still fishing.

Dai
Well done it just takes a while for the fish to settle to the changes in weather.

Andy
Glad it was not only down here that got the rain and wind all day today well done.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Edited by - MALC on 16 October 2002 12:50:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

ray
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 October 2002 :  07:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit ray's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add ray to your friends list

good stuff guys keep it comming, i managed a trip to the dane with dave scouse, will do a report later.

quote:
my heart started to race (am I sad or what ?

naw andy, i'm sure it happens to us all.

a fool and his litter are soon parted.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

AndyA
Life Member

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 October 2002 :  9:58:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndyA to your friends list

come on ray, I enjoy reading these reports .... get typing

Aaaah .... soon be fishing !

www.aa-computerrescue.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

granjuiceymoose
'Mikey Man'

Teesside
England

Posted - 17 October 2002 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit granjuiceymoose's Homepage  Click to see granjuiceymoose's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add granjuiceymoose to your friends list

Going Fishing in a match at the weekend looks bleak, -3 on the night at the moment or so they say so that should be fun will post soon after to let you all know how i got on!. Ooh just realised im on three stars now

cosmicgunge

Edited by - granjuiceymoose on 17 October 2002 12:01:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Happy and relaxed in Yorkshire

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 October 2002 :  10:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

Not a good start this morning,OVERSLEPT!!!! Woken by a nudge in the ribs from Maria
Fling tackle into car and off to Willinghurst about 40mls away,just outside Guildford.
(and NO Dave,I didn't get a pic of my car )
Arrived to find everyone already fishing.Found the Sec to draw my peg.Now 9 & 10 were left in the bag,10 has loads of features and is a corner peg,9 has Nothing,just an expance of water.No prizes for guessing!!!!!!!!!Yes i drew 9.

The view from Peg 9....

I had been warned that if the weather turned nasty it would be a real struggle and boy had it turned nasty!!There had been a frost.The east wind made it feel like midwinter and just as i arrived at my peg it started to rain
Up with the brolly,sit on my box and access my options.....Pole? NO,Waggler? NO Feeder? That'll do.
Knock up a bag of Fishgutz method mix,add a little corn and a little riddled meat and fish either hair rigged corn or meat.(4 bits of corn or inch chunks of meat)
Largish baits and sit it out for a carp,clip up and keep dropping it down the same hole.

All around me people were struggling except for 2 lads who had islands to fish to.
Well to cut to the chase,the fish weren't going to rip it off the rests today,a 2 inch pull was all you got and if you didn't hit them you didn't get another chance.I had 7 bites all day and caught 6 carp,the best weighing 6lbs 14ozs and weighed in 27lbs 8ozs which was good enough for 3rd on the day.
(less than 4lbs away from the winner,1 more fish??????? )

The next match is on the Thames at Mapledurham.What will that bring?

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Winner MD's Alders Farm Match 2012
Winner Jinx Series 2 Day Rolfs Festival 2012.
Winner MD's Rolf's Pairs Championship 2007 with Tony Roberts.
Winner MD's National Individual Championship 2005.
Winner Jinx Series Pairs 2005 with Steve Wilson.
Winner MD's Southern Individual Championship 2004.

Read 'My Fishing Diaries'
Go to Top of Page

Trogg
the ba'stard

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
England

being a ba'stard

Posted - 20 October 2002 :  10:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Trogg's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Trogg to your friends list

A new alarm clock Peter LOL

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

for the love of Genesis 1:30 DO NOT click THIS don't do it, just don't, i mean it!!!
....Facebook MD's....
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

paul mc
Life Member

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 October 2002 :  10:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit paul mc's Homepage  Click to see paul mc's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add paul mc to your friends list

After fishing Sammys stretch we (me and my brother ste)decided to stop off at the R.Dane for a couple off hours.
After the long walk to the river we eventually decided to fish a couple of swims by the motorway bridge(M6).My swim was a deep hole leeding upto a shallow gravel bar.I decide to fish it with a simple running lead rig with corn as hookbait and hemp and corn as loosefeed.After about 3hrs without a bite i decided to move just downstream of my brother as he had already caught 2 chub and 1 barbel.
This swim was a shallow run from behind an overhanging tree.I set about feeding some hemp and corn then casted my hookbait out. after about 15mins i had my first bite which i missed, this was followed by another 2 missed bites so i decided to change my hookbait to a small piece of cheese and lengthen my hook lenth to 3.5ft.after about 10 mins i had my first fish, a lovely 4 lb chub.after another 2 casts we decide to call it a day (22:00)as it was getting verry cold (laning net starting to freeze up) and misty, before we left my brother caught another chub and another barbel which i managed to get a picture off.

all in all not a bad few hours fishing.

Regards Paul Mc

Go to Top of Page

Dave
Red Leader

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

...fully qualified in Tea making

My Photo Album

Posted - 27 October 2002 :  10:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list

This barbel was caught by Mookie 28.8.02 at Broken scar on the River Tees at 2.30am.....photo taken by Norm

Dave

Dave

Please Support Maggotdrowning.com

MaggotMail Email service for Anglers

The Maggotdrowning Clothing Shop

Go to Top of Page

mookie
mookie

Durham
England

Posted - 27 October 2002 :  11:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit mookie's Homepage  Click to see mookie's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add mookie to your friends list

Many thanks Dave your a gent !!!!!!

No Doubt the lads will give me some stick over the outfit !!!!!

Who cares......at least they now know who and what Mookster looks like......

Cheers everyone

MOOKSTER....

Go to Top of Page

MALC
Life Member

Site Supporter

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 28 October 2002 :  02:50:34 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

Was the River that high that the barbel were in the trees

Nice to see you at last Mookie and nice Barb

MALC IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.53 seconds.