The Maggotdrowners Forum - Which pellet pump?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Which pellet pump?
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

The codfather
Life Member

West Yorkshire

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:40:11 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add The codfather to your friends list
Having a real bad time with pellet pumps. Had a cheapo small pump, like a bike pump with a small screw bottle on the end, rate it as 3 out of ten before it blew up after about two months. Just bought the maver with the large and small containers - doesn't work, and will be returning it this weekend. So...

What pump are you guys using, which is the best on the market? I understand ringers are bringing a new one out - anyone seem them for sale, have any thoughts?

Cheers kirk

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

big joe

Warwickshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit big joe's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add big joe to your friends list
yes i seen them at the big one and had a play with it, should be in the shops next week Phil Ringer was saying. i must say its a great bit of kit and very strong, it will be the best pump on the market when they hit the shops.

Go to Top of Page

mrfishey
Life Member

Somerset
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:52:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mrfishey to your friends list
Im still using my vacuvin pump that I've had for over 5 years, I'd go for for one of those.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vacuvin-Cof...93184&sr=8-5

Go to Top of Page

matchstickman25
it remains hidden

West Yorkshire

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:55:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matchstickman25 to your friends list
I use a Fladen pump which seems very durable. It was a quick purchase from Boyes when I had an off the cuff pellet session but seems to be OK. My only gripe is the release mechanism is tricky to operate. Previously I had a Waterline pump which was excellent. I foolishly sold this when I 'gave up pole fishing' the same time selling my pole and seat box and accessories (what a ****ing idiot). Anyway stay clear of the Browning ones (if theyre still going) as theyre very prone to breaking in my experience. I used to fish pellet alot and framed regularly with bream using the method and must have gone through three or four Browning pumps before I found an alternative.

Edited by - matchstickman25 on 11 March 2013 8:56:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

shogun969
Life Member

Site Supporter

Nottinghamshire

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:56:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shogun969 to your friends list
Pop down

Lindholme Sep 2010 Sat- 12th.
Lindholme Sep 2010 Sun- I won.
Lindholme May 2011 Sat- 4th.
Lindholme May 2011 Sun- 9th.
Lindholme Aug 2011 Sat- I won.
Lindholme Aug 2011 Sun- ????????
Lindholme Sep 3rd 2011 2nd in section 9th overall.
The Glebe Sept 2011 done the Ton :)
Lindholme mystery pairs Oct 8th 2011 "I Won"
Rycroft April 2012 Done My best match weight 131Lb
Rycroft April 2012 my Biggest Carp on the Pellet wagg 22lb 10oz
MDrowners Intercounties Final 2012 Individual winner 106lb 2oz.
Proud Member of the MD Intercounties winning Midland Team 2012.
June 21st 2013 my biggest match weight 147lb 8oz at the Glebe.
Sept 5th 2013 my biggest match wieght 166lb at the Glebe
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Foul ducker
Life Member

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Foul ducker an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add Foul ducker to your friends list
I've tried various such as the brollnets stirrup style to maver 2 tub job and settled on the pop down pump it'll sink 4.5mm ringers in 4 pumps

Go to Top of Page

The codfather
Life Member

West Yorkshire

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:59:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The codfather to your friends list
Shogun, pretty sure the ringer one is a Souped up version of a pop down, made of metal to last longer. Any idea how much they will sell for??? Cheers

Go to Top of Page

michealangilo

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  8:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Send michealangilo a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add michealangilo to your friends list
pop down pump the best it draws through not pumps through

Go to Top of Page

chrismo
Life Member

Surrey
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  9:00:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chrismo to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by The codfather

Having a real bad time with pellet pumps. Had a cheapo small pump, like a bike pump with a small screw bottle on the end, rate it as 3 out of ten before it blew up after about two months. Just bought the maver with the large and small containers - doesn't work, and will be returning it this weekend. So...

What pump are you guys using, which is the best on the market? I understand ringers are bringing a new one out - anyone seem them for sale, have any thoughts?

Cheers kirk

I have one of these.
http://www.matchmansupplies.co.uk/m...it-pump.html
not cheap but works well.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Maesknoll
Chris

Site Supporter

Somerset

Too much work, not enough fishing!!

My Photo Album

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  9:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maesknoll's Homepage  Click to see Maesknoll's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Maesknoll to your friends list
http://www.wmac.co.uk/index.php?mai...ucts_id=2285

I use one of these, two or three pumps and the pellets sink.

Blog: http://maesknollmatchangling.blogspot.com/

If you're not living life on the edge.... you're taking up too much space!!
Go to Top of Page

Nematode
No pasarán!

Sussex
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  9:35:28 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nematode to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Maesknoll

http://www.wmac.co.uk/index.php?mai...ucts_id=2285

I use one of these, two or three pumps and the pellets sink.

That's what I use (& I suspect what's mentioned in the OP), I doubt it'll last another season!

Edited by - Nematode on 11 March 2013 9:35:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

The Big Fella
Life Member

Leicestershire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  08:07:10 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Big Fella to your friends list
hi

The pop down pump is quite staggering to see it work!

Its for smaller quantities absolutely brilliant for winter fishing but as it does them so quick 2-3 lots and a good amount can be done.

I had tried 2-3 types before this one and they all worked to a degree, but the pop down 2-3 presses and they are all sinkers every single one.....

Go to Top of Page

richard83
Life Member

Site Supporter

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  09:12:26 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add richard83 to your friends list
Looking forward to trying the ringers pellet pump, looks the biz. Such a simple product, none built to last, lets hope this is!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

grumpy44
Life Member

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grumpy44 to your friends list
pop down, 1 pump, tried most of others

Go to Top of Page

Auto
Terry

Site Supporter

Oxfordshire
United Kingdom

Protectyourbubble.com My rating 0/10

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  09:37:45 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Auto to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by The Big Fella

hi

The pop down pump is quite staggering to see it work!

Its for smaller quantities absolutely brilliant for winter fishing but as it does them so quick 2-3 lots and a good amount can be done.

I had tried 2-3 types before this one and they all worked to a degree, but the pop down 2-3 presses and they are all sinkers every single one.....

Ditto

I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm correct.

Maggot Drowners Rolfs Pairs Pools Fodder 2011 / 2012. 2013 2nd (Thanks to Mugger)
Go to Top of Page

davylad
Life Member

Site Supporter

East Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  09:45:40 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add davylad to your friends list
Pop Down.

There's no success like failure,
and failure is no success at all.
Go to Top of Page

paulk66
Life Member

Site Supporter

Dorset
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  09:52:38 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulk66 to your friends list
i have the sonu baits one. good for larger amounts. had it for around 4 years and still going strong.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

adrian jonh tas
Life Member

Essex
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  10:08:37 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add adrian jonh tas to your friends list
Spoke to Phil Ringer at the big one his pump looks the dogs made to last he said selling for £19.99

Go to Top of Page

barry testro
tailgunner

Site Supporter

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  10:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit barry testro's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add barry testro to your friends list
I have one I bought at a dragon carp road show about 4 years ago, No name just a brown cardboard box, pump, lid and 2 bowls £5.oo. works brilliant.

If its common sense, why arn't more people using it?
Go to Top of Page

carphauler
Life Member

Site Supporter

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  11:47:12 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carphauler to your friends list
I too have a Fladen one,same as the Maver round one,not let me down in 3 years.

Edited by - carphauler on 12 March 2013 11:52:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

hemphead2
hemphead2

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 March 2013 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hemphead2 to your friends list
i got the browning pump cheap at a show buts its not very good. Takes loads of pumps to make pellets sink

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.09 seconds.