The Maggotdrowners Forum - MAVER MEDUSA info and questions
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 MAVER MEDUSA info and questions
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YAMO
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 27 June 2004 :  9:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit YAMO's Homepage  Click to see YAMO's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this topic Add YAMO to your friends list
oNE QUESTION, does anyone use joint protectors for the medusa? i got a few clean caps but i wondered if anyone uses anything else?

also on the lookout for any top kits for medusa if anyone has any for sale...does anyone reccommend any universal kits for medusa??

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

tommyturtle001
malmanfloatssink

Durham

Posted - 29 June 2004 :  08:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit tommyturtle001's Homepage  Click to see tommyturtle001's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add tommyturtle001 to your friends list
I used the 'maver saver' (brightly cloloured joint protectors which you heat shrink on) and they are a waste of money. After a couple of breakdowns they come loose so I would stick to the spray.

Regarding top sections, stick to the maver as the universal completly un-balences the pole plus you have to be carefull what laccy to use with them as they are not the strongest in the world.

Tommy

Go to Top of Page

fishing king
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 29 June 2004 :  11:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit fishing king's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishing king to your friends list
Which Medusa do you have. I have got the Medusa J and am finding it difficult to order spare top kits, what about you?

Go to Top of Page

YAMO
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 30 June 2004 :  12:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit YAMO's Homepage  Click to see YAMO's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add YAMO to your friends list
Ive got the first medusa that came out(old one) before j series.

it's a nightmare at 69.99 for a top kit, had some dick slip down bank and knock my rig roost in losing 3 top kits. expensive game.

ive been recommended polemaster universals, apparently they dont hinder pole in anyway.but im still slightly dubious they will unbalance it.

ive also been told maver fightback kits are ok for the medusa, but never tried it.

desperately looking for cheap alternative before whiteacres.

HELP!!

Go to Top of Page

YAMO
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 30 June 2004 :  12:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit YAMO's Homepage  Click to see YAMO's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add YAMO to your friends list
TOMMY ..what spray do you use? price? etc
cheers

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

tommyturtle001
malmanfloatssink

Durham

Posted - 30 June 2004 :  6:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit tommyturtle001's Homepage  Click to see tommyturtle001's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add tommyturtle001 to your friends list
I use the maver ptfe joint saver, about 6 squid for a 70ml tin but bloody good stuff

Tommy

Edited by - tommyturtle001 on 30 June 2004 6:04:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

leemays

Midlands West
England

Posted - 30 June 2004 :  6:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit leemays's Homepage  Click to see leemays's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add leemays to your friends list
well whoever uses or posses a medusa wants to throw it in the bin.lol. they say its a 20lacy rating but is it heck.lol.

Go to Top of Page

YAMO
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 30 June 2004 :  8:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit YAMO's Homepage  Click to see YAMO's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add YAMO to your friends list
interesting you say that, i put some red hydro thru a top kit and i thought pole struggled when i hit an eleven pounder.

ANYONE SELLING ANY TOP KITS????

Go to Top of Page

jazzyman69
Life Member

Gt. London
England

Posted - 30 June 2004 :  10:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit jazzyman69's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jazzyman69 to your friends list
If you are going to buy original top kits leave yourself plenty of time to order them as ive seen snails move faster than MAVER....SEE MAVER AAAHHHH on the foram...GOOD LUCK yoiu will need it dealing with maver...JAZZY

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Bable Fish
Numpty Dumpty

Devon
United Kingdom

Posted - 01 July 2004 :  11:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bable Fish's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Bable Fish to your friends list
If you want original top kits then contact Benwick Sports :-

Tel: 01353 698936
BENWICK SPORTS ANGLING CENTRE.
29-33 Main Street,
Little Downham,
Ely. Cambs.
CB6 2ST
ENGLAND
e-Mail: info@benwick-sports.co.uk

They usually have a huge range of spares for all maver models from B series onwards!! Wouldn't hurt to give them a call!!

<{{{><

Go to Top of Page

fishing king
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 01 July 2004 :  4:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishing king's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishing king to your friends list
I was told by my local tackle shop that if the colour of the carbon is dark then is is of better quality. I have seen some carbon that is a bit gray, so dont buy these. Go for the dark black ones. Also campare the weight of your old top kits, to the new universal ones.
By the way have a look on Maver's web site, as they do universal top kits. Dont know how mutch they are.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

fishing king
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 01 July 2004 :  6:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishing king's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishing king to your friends list
Hi Yammo do you find it difficult to get hold of spare sections, or are they readily available. Also do you know if you can order sections directly from Maver?

Go to Top of Page

tommyturtle001
malmanfloatssink

Durham

Posted - 01 July 2004 :  11:18:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tommyturtle001's Homepage  Click to see tommyturtle001's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add tommyturtle001 to your friends list
I ordered a super taper, maver cupping kit and 2x power top 2's from my local tackle shop and it was there in 2 days with free tubes for each one so if you order it from the right place you wont have a problem

Tommy

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

tommyturtle001
malmanfloatssink

Durham

Posted - 01 July 2004 :  11:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit tommyturtle001's Homepage  Click to see tommyturtle001's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add tommyturtle001 to your friends list
quote:
Originally posted by YAMO

interesting you say that, i put some red hydro thru a top kit and i thought pole struggled when i hit an eleven pounder.

ANYONE SELLING ANY TOP KITS????

I must admit it is a very generous rating however as long as you keep the pole pointed at the fish you should never have a problem,

I just stick to black hydro or red dual core and you can give it a bit of welly!!!

Tommy

Go to Top of Page

YAMO
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 03 July 2004 :  10:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit YAMO's Homepage  Click to see YAMO's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add YAMO to your friends list
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS GOT ANY MEDUSA SPARE TOP KITS FOR SALE??

AM OFF TO WHITEACRES IN AUGUST AND NEED SOME REINFORCEMENTS..
WILL PAY GOOD CASH

Go to Top of Page

BARRYBLOKE
Account Locked

United Kingdom

Posted - 05 July 2004 :  1:06:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BARRYBLOKE to your friends list
Dont use universals on a Medusa,,you will find that an already highly overated pole becomes even more floppy and even more of a dog to use.FLOG IT QUICK But to be totally fair,I broke a section recently ,,(or rather a dog did)on my Maver pole ,(not a medusa) and I had a new section waiting for me within 24 hours. You pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Edited by - BARRYBLOKE on 05 July 2004 1:13:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

Gt. London
England

Rolfs Lake 200+ Club Member.

My Photo Album

Posted - 05 July 2004 :  1:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list
Barry,
Normaly i would agree with you regarding Universals, however the Drennan Universals are made by Reglass who manufacture Maver poles.
Drennan are rather particular when it comes to tackle bearing their name and the quality of these is far and above the standard of most that are available today.

Peter.

You can't weigh it in
If it's not in the net.

Rolf's Lake 200+ Club
Jinx Squad 2005-2012
Jinx 2 Day Winner 2012

Read 'My Fishing Diaries'
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

YAMO
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 05 July 2004 :  6:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit YAMO's Homepage  Click to see YAMO's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add YAMO to your friends list
so peter do you reccomend drennan universals for the medusa????

i know they may not give a perfect balance to the pole but i need some short term back up before important summer league and whiteacres challenge.

barry bloke--what pole do you reccomend then, if not the medusa??

ANYONE GOT ANY DRENNAN UNIVERSALS???
GOTTA KEEP TRYING

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

Gt. London
England

Rolfs Lake 200+ Club Member.

My Photo Album

Posted - 06 July 2004 :  12:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list
Paul,
I haven't used the Drennan Universals on a Medusa, However i do use them on my Maver Retribution and have had no problems at all, and as a bonus I haven't needed to trim them to fit.

Peter.

You can't weigh it in
If it's not in the net.

Rolf's Lake 200+ Club
Jinx Squad 2005-2012
Jinx 2 Day Winner 2012

Read 'My Fishing Diaries'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.56 seconds.