The Maggotdrowners Forum - Removing stuck pole bungs?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Removing stuck pole bungs?
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tincatim
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  7:50:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add tincatim to your friends list
Hi All,

I have just bought a Preston Pulla bung and some elastic ready to fit into my top kit. The problem is I have my old bung stuck up inside.

I've tried boiling hot water to heat the section up and then tried tapping the bottom to loosen it, it still won't budge. I've not got anything thin enough or strong enough to poke down and push it out, so I'm stuck now (literally)

What can I do? Any ideas will be appreciated lads

Cheers

Tim

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

minkyandbear
Life Member

Site Supporter

Essex

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  7:57:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add minkyandbear to your friends list
A blast of compressed air?

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  8:01:06 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list
Get a welding rod. Does it not have an extractor rod?

Go to Top of Page

ken.t

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  8:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit ken.t's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add ken.t to your friends list
Be carefull trying to push it out from above [the smaller dia] you can end up poking a hole in the wall of your pole.

Go to Top of Page

neil parker
Life Member

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  8:03:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add neil parker to your friends list
some thin bent wire or a hook on some line dropped down the section

Edited by - neil parker on 24 July 2012 8:05:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

jabtas
Life Member

Teesside
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  8:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit jabtas's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jabtas to your friends list
Attach a screw to the end of a long rod, push it into the base of the bung and secure it with a few turns, then pull it out

Go to Top of Page

tincatim
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  8:25:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tincatim to your friends list
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Nathan - no it doesn't have an extractor rod, it's been in there a long time I originally tied some 12lb line to it to pull it out but that broke down, unsurprisingly.

Where would a get a welding rod from?

Go to Top of Page

dam
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  8:48:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dam to your friends list
Get a wire coat hanger and some wire snips/pliers, cut the wire and bend over the end to make a small hook (try and get it like a 16s-14s hook size), heat the end up over a stove/fire until blue and will melt plastic, try it on some old plastic, then just push it up into the bung and turn it slightly - leave it for a couple of minutes to cool and the melted plastic to reharden then just pull the bung out.

Go to Top of Page

crag p
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  9:22:34 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crag p to your friends list
Fill it up with water the from the top extra weight will help force it out
Just tap it on the carpet just be careful not to do it too hard n split the section

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

nelson66
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  9:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit nelson66's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nelson66 to your friends list
have you tried one of the 12" bung extractor tools you can buy for a couple of quid in the tackle shop

like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-INCH-P...em1c29513119

Go to Top of Page

gileskev
gileskev

Gloucestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  9:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see gileskev's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add gileskev to your friends list
Pop it down to your local tackle shop.
Im sure they will have an extractor lying about to pull the Bugger out.
Specially if your not sure which type you need.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

pegasus
benny

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 24 July 2012 :  10:01:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pegasus to your friends list
Last time i got a bung stuck i had to go to A+E to get it removed.

Go to Top of Page

Genus9
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  07:44:50 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Genus9 to your friends list
[quote]Originally posted by pegasus

Last time i got a bung stuck i had to go to A+E to get it removed.
[/quote

Are Yoy sure that was a butt plug and not a bung,

Back to topic,

I've removed loads of stuck bungs for people who've brought them into the sho, simply by tapping on the floor firmly but not hard enough to split the pole,

Do You know which make of bung it is?.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

tincatim
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  08:03:31 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tincatim to your friends list
No mate, it was a taken from a box of pole bits n bobs that my father in law gave from his fishing days, I used the bits to elasticate my old garbolino spyder pole, I've only been back fishing a year from a 16 year break, the pole has done surprisingly well for its age, the elastic was middy no 6 and about 7 year old! I didn't expect it to stand up to much but It has, it's even landed a 14lb carp!

The bung itself was a winder bung, illuminous yellow... I can't quite remember the make now... Actually I think it may have been a Vespe

Go to Top of Page

fishdogmick
catch alot

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  09:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit fishdogmick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishdogmick to your friends list
i think vespe had a screw rod extractor ,if your near a good tackle shop pop in,they will sort it.

http://kizzyenglishbullterrier.com/.
Go to Top of Page

Bungee
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  09:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Bungee's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bungee to your friends list
Vespe bungs have a twit fitting, Drennan bung extractors fit. I think it was Maver that had a screw fitting.

Go to Top of Page

tincatim
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  9:47:02 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tincatim to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by crag p

Fill it up with water the from the top extra weight will help force it out
Just tap it on the carpet just be careful not to do it too hard n split the section

And the winner is.... This one did the trick. Thanks for the help folks

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

crag p
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  9:51:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crag p to your friends list
Happy to help answers on a post card next time kids

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  9:58:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list
Did you make the carpet wet???

Go to Top of Page

tincatim
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 July 2012 :  10:47:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tincatim to your friends list
No I wasn't that excited by it lol

I poured some boiling hot water from the kettle into the thin end then tapped it in a towel, took a few minutes then it just popped out

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.06 seconds.