The Maggotdrowners Forum - tirley court
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 tirley court
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 03 June 2012 :  3:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add chris grant to your friends list
having only fished it once I thought there was only 1 lake, Petes lake. I understand there is another lake - anyone fished it - any info

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

steveevans9
Life Member

Gloucestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 03 June 2012 :  5:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see steveevans9's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add steveevans9 to your friends list
They have 3 lakes another match lake by house and also specimen lake havent fished it for years but loads doubles in speci lake not sure what they go to. Petes lake the best out of the match lakes.

Go to Top of Page

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 03 June 2012 :  7:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chris grant to your friends list
I know Pete lake is very good, but a little peggy. I was thinking perhaps the other lake may be a bit fairer.

Go to Top of Page

gorstyman
Life Member

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 04 June 2012 :  10:32:37 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gorstyman to your friends list
The other lake you refer to is called Orchard. I agree Pete,s lake can be peggy on the deep side but if you fish on the shallow side it is quite a fair venue then.

Orchard altho a good water, is far more peggy than Petes. The reason being is that originally Orchard was a small pool which was then extended . The end you approach it is the bit that has been added on so to speak. This accounts for the variations in depth which in my view is the reason its more peggy. Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

steveevans9
Life Member

Gloucestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 June 2012 :  09:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see steveevans9's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add steveevans9 to your friends list
Dont think petes lake is peggy matches can be won from anywhere on the day. Fished there yesterday came 3rd with 226 pound winner had 233 pound weights came from everywhere on deep side(we didnt fish shallows ). Couple of weeks ago are match was won on the shallows with 268 pound 5 weights over 200 pound last had 116 pound. Very fair venue and stuffed full of carp bit boring if you went every week but great for occasional match.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.47 seconds.