The Maggotdrowners Forum - New Tri-cast products
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 New Tri-cast products
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dstev
Dave

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

(Used to)Live, breathe and sleep fishing.

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  5:14:47 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dstev to your friends list
Tri-cast have updated their website (finally!) and have a few new products on the homepage. It looks like they're using the success of the Trilogy name to full use. Also a stunning looking but expensive new landing net handle.

www.tri-castfishing.co.uk

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

ajwheb

Gt. London
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  6:03:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ajwheb to your friends list
it is a shame that there are no stockists in the South, I normally have to wait when I working near Oswestry and buy them there. I cannot praise them enough plus UK made.

Go to Top of Page

Big-Bronze
Life Member

Gloucestershire

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  6:43:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Big-Bronze to your friends list
new landing net handle 90

can get the 4m airity for 80

Go to Top of Page

dstev
Dave

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  8:14:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dstev to your friends list
FFS give it a rest big bronze - not all of us think Daiwa = the best.

Go take your generic "Daiwa this and Daiwa that" responses to someone else's thread.

Go to Top of Page

jcbenson
Account Locked

Wiltshire

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  8:21:57 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jcbenson to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by dstev

Go take your generic "Daiwa this and Daiwa that" responses to someone else's thread.

lol,

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

breambreambream
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt. London
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  9:22:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breambreambream to your friends list
As anyone used the 8m whip ?? .. and also the 1m ext ?? ..

Wine is fine but champagne is quicker
Go to Top of Page

Big-Bronze
Life Member

Gloucestershire

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  9:40:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Big-Bronze to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by dstev

as sed be4 to u by me and other members dont like it dont read it u no u can click the switch off at the wall and get out more not on hear 24/7

Go to Top of Page

dstev
Dave

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  9:51:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dstev to your friends list
No mate you want to get out more, you my find there's more to fishing than Daiwa.

I find my 50-60 hours I spend at work each week is a good start to get away from here...

Edited by - dstev on 17 May 2012 9:52:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

dstev
Dave

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  10:44:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dstev to your friends list
Anyway back to the topic, just looking through, some of the new luggage looks pretty handy too.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

rikt
Life Member

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  11:01:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rikt to your friends list
I have just received my new Modular system carryall, EVA net bag and 8-10 tube Holdall, on first inspection look very good. Holdall holds all i need with ease.

Like the look of 10ft pellet waggler rod and Trilogy landing net handle, definitely worth further investigation.

Still trying to get the hang of this fishing lark!!
Go to Top of Page

breambreambream
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt. London
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  10:05:05 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breambreambream to your friends list
I take no one has used the whip then ?? ..

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list
XRS Easy Reach Landing Net Handles look alright or are they not.

Go to Top of Page

Dave_Barrett
Aka Ide basher

Site Supporter

Durham
England

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  10:29:00 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave_Barrett to your friends list
one word awesome !!

quote :
Originally posted by guff

XRS Easy Reach Landing Net Handles look alright or are they not.

http://www.aldingrangelakes.co.uk

MD Northern Fur n Feather Winner 2013
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

dstev
Dave

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  11:17:29 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dstev to your friends list
Yes they are good. Not particularly light but immensely strong.

Go to Top of Page

jcbenson
Account Locked

Wiltshire

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  11:29:34 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jcbenson to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by breambreambream

I take no one has used the whip then ?? ..

I havent seen any around at all. Any reason why you would go for the tricast over the daiwa tournament whip? Just wondering.

Go to Top of Page

tysontim
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  11:31:55 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tysontim to your friends list
Whats the crack with tricast my mate broke his trilogy and is having to have one made,can take up to six weeks hes been told. Dont anyone stock them being as they are so popular.

Go to Top of Page

Bliss
Life Member

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  11:51:58 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bliss to your friends list
I love tri cast kit being an exiled northern monkey... I asked for feedback on the whip when it came out to see if it was worth parting with my tourney whip - all I got was offers to buy the tourney!!! As the Daiwa whip is available with an additional extension to take it to 10 meteres I'll stick with what I have, the Daiwa top kits are cheaper also.

Can't fault the luggage as I have it all (the tackle tart in mr took over)however gutted that they seem to be launching a rigid ready rod holdall after I bought an airity one :-(

The modualar carryall, and net bag are superb but the garbo monster carp net don't fit! The XRS landing net is amazing and I cant see me upgrading any time soon to the trilogy tbh.

Cocoon luggage next on the list for me then, and if anyone knows where I can get a tri cast baseball cap please let me know!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

breambreambream
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt. London
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  12:28:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breambreambream to your friends list
Benson .. just looking for a new whip and wondered what the Tricast was like as tad lighter at 275g on 8m and wondered about the balance as a 10% overall weight loss.. I tried the Daiwa and liked it.
Would be nice to compare the two at the same time but not sure who would stock both ?.

Go to Top of Page

The Big Fella
Life Member

Leicestershire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  12:59:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Big Fella to your friends list
quote :
The XRS landing net is amazing and I cant see me upgrading any time soon to the trilogy tbh.

XRS Landing net as above quality product - NUFF SAID

Go to Top of Page

Bliss
Life Member

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  2:39:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bliss to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by breambreambream

Benson .. just looking for a new whip and wondered what the Tricast was like as tad lighter at 275g on 8m and wondered about the balance as a 10% overall weight loss.. I tried the Daiwa and liked it.
Would be nice to compare the two at the same time but not sure who would stock both ?.

Trouble is mate not many suppliers in the lower end of the north/south divide, hence my shopping is done at Highfields Angling whenever I venture back to Lancashire!

The tri cast website suppliers page isn't too hot either, they list J&K Tackle as a stockist but they haven't had anything tri cast for about 10 years!

Go to Top of Page

nico12
Grebe Grabber

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  3:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit nico12's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nico12 to your friends list
I dont get tricast at all. I hear that they stock spares for ever and kit is all top knotch etc, do they have a niche market?

Never knowingly seen a pole of theirs locally or any gear etc ( notts)??

Not wanting to provoke but apart from top end poles and rods Daiwa is seen as a bit old hat to me ...preston shimano rive sensas all ahead on the mid range & replacement bits ( oh with the exception of hydro!).....as for the new logo....someone is laughing loudly somewhere

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.16 seconds.