The Maggotdrowners Forum - Dacron or Stonfo
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Dacron or Stonfo
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  6:34:52 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Browner to your friends list
Just looking at a artical in the new IYCF on pole connectors.

What's best/favourite traditional connector or Dacron connector.

Personally I am still old school using Stonfo type connectors.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Simon R
Life Member

Site Supporter

Teesside
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  6:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R's Homepage  Click to see Simon R's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Simon R to your friends list
Stonfo's on all my top kits too.

Never had a problem with them and I can't see any great advantages of using other sorts of connectors. Like the old adage says ........... if it ain't bust don't fix it

Simon

http://stokesleyanglingclub.co.uk

Edited by - Simon R on 20 April 2012 6:51:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

minty
Life Member

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  6:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit minty's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add minty to your friends list
Dacron all day long mate

Go to Top of Page

phat abbot
Life Member

Site Supporter

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  6:58:50 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phat abbot to your friends list
only use hollow elastics and use dacron with the albright knot. always hated the noise of stonfos.

Go to Top of Page

GADGET
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:01:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GADGET to your friends list
Been using Stonfo connecters since they first came out tried Dacron for a couple months few years ago fiddly soon went back to Stonfo

Fishing a match on the Bridgy Canal is like being a extra in Lord of the Rings
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

pole addict
Baconmeister

Site Supporter

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:04:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pole addict to your friends list
I changed from stonfo to dacron about a year ago.

Deffo wouldn't change back.....so much neater, i suffer less tangles and i believe the connection is more secure.

Go to Top of Page

Big-Bronze
Life Member

Gloucestershire

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:07:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Big-Bronze to your friends list
Stonfo

Go to Top of Page

mouse77
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mouse77 to your friends list
Crows foot, been using it for 15 years and never let me down.

Go to Top of Page

Zsaba
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:20:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zsaba to your friends list
Whilst this is probably a stupid question, as I'm new to using the pole , ( No I havent got this months IYCF yet) what has led to you using the connectors you do?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

jammy johnson
Nick

Somerset
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:24:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jammy johnson to your friends list
I have just gone back to stonfo's on all my tops. Only because I got a load cheap and re-newed all my elastics about a week ago and decided to use them instead of putting back on the old Dacron's. I must admit I have never had a rig come off either set ups but the Dacron's did let a few rigs tangle over the point of the pole.

Go to Top of Page

biggs
Life Member

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit biggs's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add biggs to your friends list
With heavy elastic's, I use stonfo's, fishing shallow, and slapping
I use dacron connector's

You don't get tangle's with dacron.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

pondlife
Life Member

Sussex
Western Sahara

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:30:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pondlife to your friends list
Used to be crowsfoot which I found to be good, never had a problem, except with small elastics which tended to disappear back into the topkit if the knot was smaller than the bush diameter. With dacron that problem disappeared so now it's dacrons on everything

Go to Top of Page

Auto
Terry

Site Supporter

Oxfordshire
United Kingdom

Protectyourbubble.com My rating 0/10

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:46:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Auto to your friends list
Dacron, use it on my whips as well.

If you don't hear it with your own ears or see it with your own eyes, Don't invent it with your tiny brain and share it with your big mouth.

Maggot Drowners Rolfs Pairs Pools Fodder 2011 / 2012. 2013 2nd (Thanks to Mugger)
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

masterofnone
Life Member

South Yorkshire

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  7:51:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add masterofnone to your friends list
Keep it simple, keep it Stonfo!

Go to Top of Page

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  9:28:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Browner to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Zsaba

Whilst this is probably a stupid question, as I'm new to using the pole , ( No I havent got this months IYCF yet) what has led to you using the connectors you do?

As I said I'm old school and back in the day there was nothing else. Just haven't tried anything else.

Go to Top of Page

tysontim
Life Member

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  9:53:14 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tysontim to your friends list
Dacrons for me much neater no fiddling around on cold days trying to undo a stonfo and as said earlier dacrons dont slam back so bad against your top tip when you pull out of a fish or snag.

Go to Top of Page

willson

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  10:04:16 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add willson to your friends list
Just switched to dacrons, alot less tangles and pretty sure less water goes in the topkit, and no horrible noise when the elastic pings back.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Peezartiste
Life Member

Site Supporter

Somerset
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 April 2012 :  10:17:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peezartiste to your friends list
Nisa connectors so I can adjust the length of the line

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Go to Top of Page

Hatchye
Life Member

Bedfordshire
England

Posted - 21 April 2012 :  11:05:30 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatchye to your friends list
I like the Drennan Carp Bungee connectors for any kind of commercial elastics, only changing from these for winter silvers elastics.

Go to Top of Page

lucc
Life Member

France

Posted - 21 April 2012 :  1:09:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lucc to your friends list
Dacron, less tangle, no hassle, no loss of the complete rig as it can't open, no damage to the elastic.

Go to Top of Page

carpmon43
Life Member

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 April 2012 :  1:55:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carpmon43 to your friends list
cost...definatly dacron

bigger fish.. definatly dacron

smaller fish? you'll have dacron there already.....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.06 seconds.