The Maggotdrowners Forum - Skrettings 2.3mm feed pellets
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Skrettings 2.3mm feed pellets
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  08:30:02 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by worker1

Polecup GB pellets (middlewhich) Graham Peach does 25kg micros/4mm/6mm/10mm pellets all are 27 a sack or they were last time I bought some(November)

Not far from manchester

Col

GP Pellets closed for business two weeks ago. dont make a wasted trip it aint there anymore.

Go to Top of Page

Colin to the E
Life Member

Site Supporter

Suffolk
United Kingdom

Pools fodder more often than envelope collecter.

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  08:31:48 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Colin to the E to your friends list
I have some skrettings micro's which are fine, the last 4mm's that I brought turned to mush even after a brief wetting.
Luckily we have an animal feed place pretty near to where I do most of my fishing.
Rather than risk a dodgy sack load I get mine a few kilos at a time. Still far cheaper than from a tackle shop. Next time I get some good 4mm ones, I'll go back on the way home home and grab a load more..

Still learning.

Lindholme April 2012 - first MD comp (gulp!)
6 Nights and mornings in a cold tent. 5 days of fishing in almost non stop rain and wind. I've got my name down for next year! :)
Go to Top of Page

worker1
Life Member

Site Supporter

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Still kicking..

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  08:33:26 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add worker1 to your friends list
Cheers, good job I went last November for a sack of each I'll have to find a new supplier :(

Freedom.......
The right to make your own mistakes in life

Life's not forever, so live it to the full
Go to Top of Page

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  08:41:35 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list
try AA Baits in Warrington, Alcockmat reckons they stock them. l stocked up the other week, there was a thread on here saying that it was closing mate.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Genus9
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  08:49:33 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Genus9 to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by rooster

Anyone tried complaining that their quality was not consistent?...if so what was their excuse??

A few Years ago I phoned to ask if I could get any with the formula that was on the bag of feed pellets and expanders at the office in
Northwich,

After speaking to a young girl I was put on to a chap that told Me they make pellets purely as fish feed and not for anglers,

He was a bit abrupt and did'nt really want to talk, at the time I thought to Myself that He may be an anti.

I buy Mine from Grahams in Rushden,

Expanders...16 . 25kg
Coarse......26 . 25kg
Halibut.....35 . 25kg
Trout Elite.37 . 25kg

I've had to use some of the last batches for groundbait/paste as they just turn to mush very quickly.

Go to Top of Page

rooster
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  09:00:33 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rooster to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by nutmeg

try AA Baits in Warrington, Alcockmat reckons they stock them. l stocked up the other week, there was a thread on here saying that it was closing mate.

Not surprised....32.99 collected and 40.94 posted

Go to Top of Page

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  09:11:36 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list
Graham actually sold the business as a going concern to a firm based in Rotherham, not closed down to lack of business mate. think after 12+ years he fancied a change of direction so to speak.
as to postage why not try taking a 25kg sack into the post office and see what the postage is, l expect its a lot more than 8
as to AA Baits my young mate Matt is quite often in the Warrington area so he is more than happy to collect stuff from them for himself and I :)

Go to Top of Page

carlh
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  10:35:34 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carlh to your friends list
Bryn corn supplies wigan 31 for a 25kg bag went in and bought one myself last week.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  10:55:07 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Polecup

quote :
Originally posted by NathanWatson

2mm are micros!

Not in my tackle shop they're not. Micro's a less than half the size of the 2mm pellets.

Yes, I know you can get smaller pellets but when most people refer to micros and fisheries sell micros, they are 2.3mm!

Go to Top of Page

Pitsford Pirate
Account Locked

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  11:12:03 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pitsford Pirate to your friends list
I've always referred to 2.3mm as micros; anything smaller is dust, or groundbait

The Pirate.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Browner
Life Member

Wiltshire

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  1:26:11 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Browner to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by NathanWatson

2mm are micros!

If 2mm pellets are micros what are micro feed pellets?

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list
Eh???

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

andyburrows
Life Member

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  2:54:30 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add andyburrows to your friends list
When you read some posts you really do no what Alex bones was on about

Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  4:12:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
Alex Bones' comparison wasn't a fair one, magisine content is writted by profeshionals, proove red & editted Forum contributions are clearly unchecked & often made by people who bunked off school to go fishing. I'm proud to be a literary bacteria

Cypry Diem
Wots that all about then?
http://www.middytackle.com Blog offline owing to the hosts closing

Edited by - Hatman on 13 April 2012 4:16:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  4:15:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
Guessing that Browner meant aren't, not are. There are pellets smaller than 2mms (I think sold under the Fin Perfect brand, and others), and I guess that people who use them call those micros & the 2mms that most refer to as micros are 2mms to them?

Cypry Diem
Wots that all about then?
http://www.middytackle.com Blog offline owing to the hosts closing
Go to Top of Page

carlh
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  4:19:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add carlh to your friends list
Your right chris the fin perfect range do a 1mm micro which is ideal for winter fishing

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  5:11:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list
Skretting do 1mm too but more expensive and very few fisheries have them!

Go to Top of Page

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  5:58:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list
the coarse Micro pellets that GP Pellets sold were a mixture of very small sizes not just the same 2.3 version etc, and also various shades of brown.
just hoping that l can find another supplier of these when my stock is depleted.

Go to Top of Page

chubby chubber
Life Member

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 13 April 2012 :  8:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit chubby chubber's Homepage  Send chubby chubber a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add chubby chubber to your friends list
while everybodys on does anyone know of supplier round the leeds area please

oih who"s knicked mi float!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 25 April 2012 :  3:22:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list
Has anyone found a supplier around Manchester, I believe Skrettings have places at Preston & Northwich, but don't know if you can purchase from there.

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.08 seconds.