The Maggotdrowners Forum - River Bourne-Chertsey Surrey on Sunday
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 River Bourne-Chertsey Surrey on Sunday
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

landau1945
Life Member

Middlesex
England

Posted - 09 January 2012 :  12:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit landau1945's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add landau1945 to your friends list
Dying to get out on a river.Not dangled a hook in anger since the halcyon days of summer at Bury Hill and my Harrow School club lakes.
Anyway a new Christmas prezzie from the wife needed a test run.A smart three piece Trakker winter outfit(bib n brace,jacket with hood and zip out fleece.).Mind you the weather was an unseasonable balmy 11c but so what.
First visit here to this tiny tributary which rises in Virginia Water and enters the Thames near Weybridge.Much praised by Bill Rushmer in his Anglers Mail features and FREE fishing.
Arrived at 9.30 and trekked across the Meads to find a swim.Tiny is not the word -about 14ft across and very shallow(2ft max) but had colour and flow unlike many other rivers around the area.
Found a nice swim where the bank jutted out a bit and I was able trot down about 25-30yds.Set up 12ft Daiwa rod and Abu1044 CF reel plus Maver dome topped stick float and 18 hook plus single white maggot.
Caught loads of bits in the 5 hrs I was there..Dacelets,Roachlets and Chublets.Max 4oz.
I was trickling in loosefeed.Only white maggots did the trick.Didn't want to know reds or casters,and bites only came well down the swim.Not surprising really as it was so shallow.I just struck at anything.
Nothing bigger showed.
Despite the small size of the fish I enjoyed myself.And did I look the part in the new outfit!! Toastie warm as well.

Can anybody else give any more info on this venue as I'd like to go back and have another try.
Is it deeper and wider further downstream near the bridge where a little stream enters?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

peter9000uk
Life Member

Surrey
England

Posted - 09 January 2012 :  9:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter9000uk's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add peter9000uk to your friends list
My lad has had barbel to 7lb and bream around 3 to 4lb right down towards the Hamm Court end

Go to Top of Page

landau1945
Life Member

Middlesex
England

Posted - 16 January 2012 :  1:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit landau1945's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add landau1945 to your friends list
Went again yesterday.Arrived later than planned as first choice was going to be the Colne in Waters Drive Staines.Never been there but again Bill Rushmer in The Anglers Mail said he had a good bag of roach on punch and liquidised bread.The approach is less than promising- town centre then thru' a housing estate.Over a bridge and there is the river.It looked murky and dark.Overlooked on the far bank by houses and back gardens.I didn't fancy it so I hopped back in the car back to the M25 to Chertsey and the R.Bourne...again.

Car park was fairly full-small match going on 6 blokes from Send AS who took off quickly and bagged the best swims.
Never mind, I tramped about 3/4 mile downstream closer to the bridge and the little stream coming in.
Water was low with a little colour but a nice pace.Weather blue skies and cold but no wind.
I tried punched bread over liqidised bread but nothing on the stick- and difficult to control over the 25yd trot.I switched to a small waggler,double maggot and then caught steadily all thru' the day until about 2.30. First mini chub,roach and bleak,then the bigger roach and dace at the end of nearly every trot up to 8oz (dace) and 1lb(roach)
I had no keepnet so I couldn't tally up the number or weight.
The swim went dead at 2.30.Could have been a pike acording to another angler I spoke to.
Good day all round.
Lots of potential here and worth exploring more in this back end of the season.

Edited by - landau1945 on 16 January 2012 1:49:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

rd350lc
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 16 January 2012 :  7:06:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rd350lc to your friends list
nice, whats a stick float ? lol

Go to Top of Page

Ken of Wraysbur

Middlesex
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 January 2012 :  1:32:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ken of Wraysbur to your friends list
Try Gogmore Park in Chertsey very good when rivers in flood

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.23 seconds.