The Maggotdrowners Forum - Famous Hartlepool venues for sale!!!!!!!!!!
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Famous Hartlepool venues for sale!!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matchstickman25
it remains hidden

West Yorkshire

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  6:56:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add matchstickman25 to your friends list
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-16443388

Hart, Hurwoth Burn and Crookfoot reservoirs are for sale!

Top quality roach fishing going, going,.........

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

slappy2
Life Member

Somerset
England

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  7:02:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slappy2 to your friends list
offers right wheres the agent!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

bobbyw
Life Member

Site Supporter

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  9:32:56 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobbyw to your friends list
no they cant it will be the end of the best roach fishing in the north of england

Go to Top of Page

bobbyw
Life Member

Site Supporter

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  9:48:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobbyw to your friends list
if its true they will be drained and turned into houses

Go to Top of Page

nelson66
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  10:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit nelson66's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nelson66 to your friends list
go collect some great crested newts and throw them in quick to stop the developers

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Simon R
Life Member

Site Supporter

Teesside
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  10:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R's Homepage  Click to see Simon R's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Simon R to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by bobbyw

Fortunately thats one of the few things that won't happen

Did you hear what the bloke said on that clip - Crookfoot holds a million cubic metres of water and Hurworth Burn is three times bigger.
Take the water out and you're left with a bloody big hole - and you can't build houses in a hole - so that means importing one hell of a lot of fill before you can even start - and that probably won't happen until any prospective developers have improved the local roads to a standard that can take the pressure of hundreds of tipper trucks and heavy plant.

Plus houses aren't really selling that well at the moment anyway - there's development sites all over the north-east sitting idle 'cos house-builders and developers daren't build anything that might not sell.

I don't really know what any prospective buyer could use them for - Hurworth Burn might be big enough for some limited water sports but I doubt Crookfoot is and the ressy certainly isn't. If the new owner improved the access, shortened some of the longer walks and made them into day-ticket waters he would probably get a steady income from angling but I doubt it would make him rich.

Simon

http://www.stokesleyac.moonfruit.com/
Go to Top of Page

matchstickman25
it remains hidden

West Yorkshire

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  11:11:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matchstickman25 to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Simon R

quote :
Originally posted by bobbyw

Fortunately thats one of the few things that won't happen

Did you hear what the bloke said on that clip - Crookfoot holds a million cubic metres of water and Hurworth Burn is three times bigger.
Take the water out and you're left with a bloody big hole - and you can't build houses in a hole - so that means importing one hell of a lot of fill before you can even start - and that probably won't happen until any prospective developers have improved the local roads to a standard that can take the pressure of hundreds of tipper trucks and heavy plant.

Plus houses aren't really selling that well at the moment anyway - there's development sites all over the north-east sitting idle 'cos house-builders and developers daren't build anything that might not sell.

I don't really know what any prospective buyer could use them for - Hurworth Burn might be big enough for some limited water sports but I doubt Crookfoot is and the ressy certainly isn't. If the new owner improved the access, shortened some of the longer walks and made them into day-ticket waters he would probably get a steady income from angling but I doubt it would make him rich.

Simon

It certainly wouldn't offer any kind of return on the initial investment needed. Probably the most likely buyers would be one of the environmental organisations. If that happens, you can kiss goodbye to the fishing. Hopefully, any prospective buyer(s) will have shared use in mind.
Also, what will become of HDAC?

Edited by - matchstickman25 on 06 January 2012 11:15:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

matchstickman25
it remains hidden

West Yorkshire

Posted - 06 January 2012 :  11:17:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matchstickman25 to your friends list
Anyway, whilst I think Crookfoot and Hurworth would be safe from development, I could see Hart reservoir becoming a focal point for a new housing estate as it straddles hundreds of acres of new developments!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.04 seconds.