The Maggotdrowners Forum - MASTERLINE ROVEX JOHN WILSON AVON QUIVER DELUXE
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 MASTERLINE ROVEX JOHN WILSON AVON QUIVER DELUXE
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dougan

Devon
United Kingdom

Posted - 03 September 2011 :  12:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit dougan's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add dougan to your friends list
Has anyone used this rod? Seems good value for 50.
I could buy two of these for roughly the smae price as one Drennan series 7 Avon/Quiver.

Thanks

Edited by - dougan on 03 September 2011 12:09:01 PM

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

markomark
Life Member

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 03 September 2011 :  1:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit markomark's Homepage  Click to see markomark's MSN Messenger address  Send markomark a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add markomark to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by dougan

Has anyone used this rod? Seems good value for 50.
I could buy two of these for roughly the smae price as one Drennan series 7 Avon/Quiver.

Thanks
Yes and yes they are excellent value. Can't speak for the Drennan, but you would not be wasting your money on one of these

One thing I would say is, watch you don't get barbel rather than Avon and a higher modulus and slimmer blank is used in the travel version giving even more useability as it is a fair bit lighter.

Hope that helps

Mark

Go to Top of Page

trotter2
Life Member

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 September 2011 :  10:36:36 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trotter2 to your friends list
A very usefull rod
the wilson avon was regarded as the best selling rod of all time.
you will not be waisting your money highly recommended

Go to Top of Page

worcs mark

Posted - 04 September 2011 :  3:12:25 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add worcs mark to your friends list
I have one, it's the best rod I've bought so far. The fact that you can fish with 11 foot or 13 foot is good, 11 for the Skerne (doesn't get stuck in the trees) And 13 for Tees and lager rivers. The only down side is that when fishing say the quiver rod the float rod bits are left in the bag so a tube for the rod to go in would be a good investment.

Go to Top of Page

Puffin
Working at it!

Midlands West
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 September 2011 :  5:08:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puffin to your friends list
I bought one a couple of weeks ago but not had the chance to use it yet, I was very impressed with it when I put it together in the garden. I even removed the plastic off the cork grip. ;-)

The tube sounds like a very good idea Mark.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Gregsimo
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 04 September 2011 :  8:56:56 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gregsimo to your friends list
I bought one last week and used it on thurs, felt much better than any feeder rod/quiver i've used in the past, thats in comparison with a shimano technium medium feeder 13ft and a drennan series 7 feeder 12ft. You feel everything the fish is doing yet still have the power in the rod to control everything too.

Go to Top of Page

dougan

Devon
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  2:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit dougan's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dougan to your friends list
I got a brand new one from ebay, from a business seller tackle-1, which is the Harlow Angling Centre.
I have just tried a reel on it, and the lower rod rings must be about 20 degrees out of alignment with the reel seat.
Great quality control there!

Have contacted the seller and is awaiting their reply.

Go to Top of Page

jcbenson
Account Locked

Wiltshire

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  2:51:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jcbenson to your friends list
How close is it to the original? There's only so many times you can make the same rod name under different manufacturers or versions before it loses touch with its earlier brilliance, surely?

Doesn't look the same, so would be interested to see how it performs.

Go to Top of Page

dougan

Devon
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  3:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit dougan's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dougan to your friends list
Will let you know.
Have been told by the seller that the whole reel seat revolves around the handle.
So have unscrewed the top section, but still cannot move the lower reel seat section, even after a moderate amount of force!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

dougan

Devon
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  4:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit dougan's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dougan to your friends list
The handle is on a spigot joint, have managed to seperate the two sections with the help of a mate.
Was tight though!

Go to Top of Page

sandy
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  4:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandy's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add sandy to your friends list
Not good news! im waiting for mine to be delivered!

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

dougan

Devon
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  6:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit dougan's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add dougan to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by sandy

Not good news! im waiting for mine to be delivered!

Would not worry to much, they tried 2 more in the shop and
they were fine.

Go to Top of Page

H T B
Life Member

Leicestershire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 September 2011 :  7:20:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add H T B to your friends list
I was thinking of getting the Barbel version.
Anyone used one? how was it?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.48 seconds.