The Maggotdrowners Forum - Blundering at Blundell's,yesterday
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Blundering at Blundell's,yesterday
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ivan heaphurst
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  1:22:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Ivan heaphurst to your friends list
Arrived in need of some well needed action with the fish at about 7-30. Started to set up on the first of the Canal type ponds, bottom corner, behind the hedge, out of the wind. Half way set up when the owner, I think, tells me that I couldn't fish there as there was a match on later that day. OK, I thought i was not completely set up, but a notice telling me this, might have been helpful.
That done I started on the older part of the fishery on the water with the bridges on it. Looked OK, only trouble was no one was catching anything. I Was getting bites on corn and meat and it was meat that eventually got me Bream to the net. It was now 12-00 and I had to go to the car. Imagine my delight to see only two people fishing the first pool. Match not turned up, maybe a move into the corner was on. No such luck as I approached this bloke He asked me to get below him as he was fishing the margins.Hopes dashed. Anyhow he told me that he was indeed on a match and that there were twenty like him spread over the three canal pond things.
"When I saw you" says I, I was going to ask if it would be OK for me to fish the corner 50/60yards away
"Oh no" was the reply, can't have pleasure anglers and a match on the same pond, even if you are miles away.
I did wonder what the owner might have done if a coachload of anglers turned up, wanting to fish.
Anyway back to my fishing and it did not get much better, a few skimmers and a few tiny BIllys, until I had had enough and went home.
I don't think that I will be troubling Blundell's again with my patronage.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

farrellwire
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  10:01:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add farrellwire to your friends list
Know what you mean pal,i stopped using that place 5 years ago,they don't like pleasure anglers,i'd rather fish me bath.

Go to Top of Page

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 12 May 2011 :  11:13:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list
That's not like John the owner, normaly a very nice man. Strange to have a 20 peg match on 3 lakes, there are 20+ pegs on each pond, so would normaly only be on 1 lake.

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

jayw2011
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 May 2011 :  12:04:08 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jayw2011 to your friends list
all money making! sod the anglers !!!!!!!s

Go to Top of Page

Waz
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 13 May 2011 :  02:59:27 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Waz to your friends list
My club had a match on there on Thursday. 25 were fishing the match and the owner crammed the majority on one lake and had to put a couple of others on another. The match fished rock hard as you can imagine. It was midweek, so there wasn't a lot on, but he still squashed them in like sardines.

Why couldn't he have just allowed them to spread out over the two lakes and given them a fighting chance of a good day? I find many fishery owners treat club anglers as second class citizens compared to open anglers. I can say this from experience because I fish both and find you are treated with more respect on an open.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Ivan heaphurst
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 14 May 2011 :  6:29:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ivan heaphurst to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Stretch1066

That's not like John the owner, normaly a very nice man. Strange to have a 20 peg match on 3 lakes, there are 20+ pegs on each pond, so would normaly only be on 1 lake.

It may have been the owner that asked me to move, I don't know. My niggle was that a sign or a notice strategically placed would have been useful to someone like my self that fishes the place only rarely.
His manner and the way he asked me to move were OK.

Go to Top of Page

emmaemma
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 14 May 2011 :  7:02:30 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add emmaemma to your friends list
Had exactly the same as you Ivan except that the anglers were spread out on all lakes as it was a rover and I was asked to move. That was 4 or 5 years ago and I have'nt been since.

Go to Top of Page

jonny_b1989
Tonys legacy

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  5:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send jonny_b1989 an AOL message  Send jonny_b1989 an ICQ Message  Send jonny_b1989 a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add jonny_b1989 to your friends list
Blundell and John is a great place. I come from a match perspective and the match anglers at blundells are his main source of income and they look after him financially all year round. He even said to me I look after the match anglers first as they are the definate for money income. For the matches they are Wed(day), thursday (nights), friday evening (only trio lake) and saturday and sunday. The matches are rovers so you can choose what lake you fancy and what peg. I believe if they look after john then they have the right to have abit of space. They are the match lakes after all and usally given plenty of space.

With match / pleasure anglers mixing on a lake is a no no. If there is an exeption then they will all be doing it. And some pleasure anglers are numptys and will end up casting stupid fixed leads into other peoples pegs and feeding wildly all over. If you want to fish the match lakes then just join the match.

For the notice. Yes he could do with one but there is a internet site that informs you of all the info. even if you pleasure fish the match lakes you can only stay on as long as the match is on. So you have to be off by 4/5pm.

Go to Top of Page

Donfish
'Wot's geet Wilf?

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  6:21:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Donfish to your friends list
Gawd,...I'm glad I don't fish Commys. Or matches.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

pinkhammer
Life Member

Merseyside
England

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  9:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit pinkhammer's Homepage  Send pinkhammer a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add pinkhammer to your friends list
Like Ivan and a few others have already decided the best course of action is to vote with your feet and find alternative fisheries.
There are loads of good waters around that region that do cater for the pleasure angler.
After-all its word of mouth from fellow anglers that build reputations of waters.
Match Anglers & Pleasure Anglers can never work and will never work due to poor attitudes between each other.

Go to Top of Page

Costie
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  10:26:06 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Costie to your friends list
Well I've only fished the water once and I found the host to be extremely genial, friendly and polite. I agree however that a sign or two indicating which, if any, pegs are available for pleasure anglers would be useful.

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

pinkhammer
Life Member

Merseyside
England

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  10:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit pinkhammer's Homepage  Send pinkhammer a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add pinkhammer to your friends list
Great idea Costie as I dont suppose every angler has the internet, especially the older ones anyhow.
However from my match fishing experience, I can never see it being allowed...

Go to Top of Page

Ivan heaphurst
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 18 May 2011 :  09:31:22 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ivan heaphurst to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by jonny_b1989

Blundell and John is a great place. I come from a match perspective and the match anglers at blundells are his main source of income and they look after him financially all year round. He even said to me I look after the match anglers first as they are the definate for money income. For the matches they are Wed(day), thursday (nights), friday evening (only trio lake) and saturday and sunday. The matches are rovers so you can choose what lake you fancy and what peg. I believe if they look after john then they have the right to have abit of space. They are the match lakes after all and usally given plenty of space.

With match / pleasure anglers mixing on a lake is a no no. If there is an exeption then they will all be doing it. And some pleasure anglers are numptys and will end up casting stupid fixed leads into other peoples pegs and feeding wildly all over. If you want to fish the match lakes then just join the match.

For the notice. Yes he could do with one but there is a internet site that informs you of all the info. even if you pleasure fish the match lakes you can only stay on as long as the match is on. So you have to be off by 4/5pm.

If that is the attitude of a typical angler who likes to fish for money then I will definitely not be bothering this fishery again.We have enough people having a go at us without starting a civil, or uncivil war within the hobby itself. Best let sleeping dogs lie, I reckon.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

kerson

Lancashire
England

Posted - 04 June 2011 :  10:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit kerson's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add kerson to your friends list
bet he welcomes the pleasure angler when hes got no matches on

Go to Top of Page

Nev101
Bogs Dalls

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 13 June 2011 :  11:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Nev101 an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add Nev101 to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by jonny_b1989

some pleasure anglers are numptys and will end up casting stupid fixed leads into other peoples pegs and feeding wildly all over. If you want to fish the match lakes then just join the match.

He he he he. I do a bit of match fishing and sometimes we wonder why we get a hard time on forums from other arms of the sport....Well this is a good example why.

Nice post Kieron Kirkwood, nice post.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.28 seconds.