The Maggotdrowners Forum - Canal day ticket fishing - Manchester ?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 Canal day ticket fishing - Manchester ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spiritfs

Posted - 28 September 2010 :  11:21:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add spiritfs to your friends list
Hey all,

I used to go fishing many moons ago with my dad on the bridgewater canal (waters meet) - Back then it was a day ticket stretch.

Recently as im getting back into fishing i'm finding alot of the canals around manchester you need to be a member of a club..

Is there any decent spots on the trafford / salford area of the canal that has decent car parking as a must and day ticket fishing ?

Cheers for any help!

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

spiritfs

Posted - 29 September 2010 :  6:41:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spiritfs to your friends list
Anyone

Go to Top of Page

morfisher
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 29 September 2010 :  7:23:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add morfisher to your friends list
warrington anglers control most of the bridgewater canal from preston brook to leigh including the kraft arm which goes to hulme hall rd in manchester,you can get a yearly ticket for this canal from monton tackle in eccles also day tickets are availible on the bank,you never see a baliff,this canal fishes well throughout its length,i suggest one place to start is near trafford anglers on moss rd stretford or anywhere really where there is access

Go to Top of Page

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 29 September 2010 :  8:47:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list
Sorry there are NO DAY TICKETS on the bridgwater canal thats on the Warrington card.

If you want to join you have to pay membership + joining fee.

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

spiritfs

Posted - 29 September 2010 :  9:47:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spiritfs to your friends list
Thanks for your replies.. I've just sent an email to the contact on www.bridgewatercanal.co.uk to see if they can direct me to a stretch which i can fish.

I guess i'll have to take my bait elsewhere if there appears to be NO DAY TICKETS..

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Ivan heaphurst
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  02:52:52 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ivan heaphurst to your friends list
You can get a card to fish the manchester end of the cut for 20-00. Trafford Angling on Moss Road Stretford do one.

Go to Top of Page

nelson66
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  10:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit nelson66's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nelson66 to your friends list
I've NEVER seen a baliff on the Bridgewater canal and I've fished a couple of times a season for the last 30 years.

A good set of swims is directly underneath the metro station at Pomona. You can park your car at on the road next to the canal. You fish on the opposite side to the towpath so you arent mithered by joggers and cyclists, and its good fishing.

Go to Top of Page

nelson66
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  10:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit nelson66's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nelson66 to your friends list
Another good spot is piccadily basin. You can park in the NCP carpark and fish out of the car window if you get a good parking spot!
Not controlled by any club. No joggers or cyclists.

Go to Top of Page

solderblue
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  11:04:19 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add solderblue to your friends list
hi nelson

wots in the piccadilly basin nowadays?
used to fish it years a go .
was full of dog roach , huge pike and even bigger rats !

regards
paul

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

nelson66
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  9:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit nelson66's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nelson66 to your friends list
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...75-22355681/

Go to Top of Page

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  9:43:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list
You can also fish at Castlefields, park in the big car park at the weekends and fish out the back of your car, your virtualy on the tow path. If you go round the corner by the bridge, oposite to where the bridgewater canal comes in and the Rochdale canal starts, the pegs between the walk over bridge and the railway bridge used to be good for Bream.

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

mastic
The Method Man

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  10:28:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mastic to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Stretch1066

You can also fish at Castlefields, park in the big car park at the weekends and fish out the back of your car, your virtualy on the tow path. If you go round the corner by the bridge, oposite to where the bridgewater canal comes in and the Rochdale canal starts, the pegs between the walk over bridge and the railway bridge used to be good for Bream.

Have u got a google maps pic of where this is please

Go to Top of Page

nelson66
Life Member

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 30 September 2010 :  10:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nelson66's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add nelson66 to your friends list
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...602&t=h&z=17

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

spiritfs

Posted - 01 October 2010 :  01:26:08 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spiritfs to your friends list
Excellent info.. I quite like the one at the back of Dukes 92, not too far into Manchester and car can be very close.

Go to Top of Page

mastic
The Method Man

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 01 October 2010 :  07:23:40 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mastic to your friends list
Cheers nelson, always good to see it before i travel.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.98 seconds.