The Maggotdrowners Forum - pellet up in the water on the pole
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 pellet up in the water on the pole
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fordi

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  4:23:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add fordi to your friends list
I saw Barry Bush's pole rigs set up for fishing the pellet up in the water and he had what looked like a leger stop instead of a float, Has anyone any idea what it was I was going to ask him but when I packed up and went to ask him he had gone after picking his winnings of course.

Cheers

David

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

pauln
Rasta

Site Supporter

Teesside
United Kingdom

Lost

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  4:25:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pauln to your friends list
a small blob ?
http://www.garbolinouk.co.uk/access...blob-floats/

Go to Top of Page

fordi

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  4:55:47 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fordi to your friends list
Nope it was not a float it really did look like a leger stop.

Go to Top of Page

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  6:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chris grant to your friends list
it seems as though it is another method to fish the so called monkey method - as much as it is malinged it works and works well, very well

Go to Top of Page

fordi

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  8:03:16 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fordi to your friends list
Chris please could you tell me more???

Cheers

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

spanky
Life Member

Site Supporter

Hertfordshire

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  8:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit spanky's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spanky to your friends list
Did it originate in Hull?

http://fishstrain.blogspot.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

supersuperleeds
Life Member

Leicestershire

Posted - 19 July 2010 :  9:22:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add supersuperleeds to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by spanky

Did it originate in Hull?

No, It has being hanging around for quite a while in Hartlepool

Go to Top of Page

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  12:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chris grant to your friends list
its fishing shallow with no float just a 12 inch piece of line with a hook and banded pellet - bites indicated by elstic coming out of your pole - caught loads of fish on it just find it boring, fire pellets regualrly at your pole and tap the water with your pole tip making a lot of noise you will often get takes when you are tapping

Go to Top of Page

T1Cybernetic
Life Member

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  12:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit T1Cybernetic's Homepage  Send T1Cybernetic an AOL message  Send T1Cybernetic an ICQ Message  Click to see T1Cybernetic's MSN Messenger address  Send T1Cybernetic a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add T1Cybernetic to your friends list
If I understand right it's almost like fishing the floating pole but without the pole floating Just a length of line and a hook at the end! Works very well at many places with various baits up in the water.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  2:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chris grant to your friends list
thats right - they use it a lot at manor farm, evesham, a mate of mine won a match on it when others were struglling to control a proper float in the strong wind. I wouldnt use it pleasure fishing as i dont find it a pleasure but alls fair in match fishing unless its is banned. I think it is frowned on by many but then I remember people saying the same about the feeder, yep I am that old

Go to Top of Page

fordi

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  4:10:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fordi to your friends list
Cheers Chris so the leger stop on his line was actually... a leger stop!!!! so thats how you could pass the rule of every rig must have a float on? love it or hate it this style of fishing is very effective if fished correctly. Off to Border Match lake sat for a match anyone know how its fishing??
Cheers

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  4:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chris grant to your friends list
yes, borders - there was an article in pole fishing with one guy doing this and the other guy fishing a proper float shallow - on the day the float won - they were referring to the monkey as the bungee - so perhaps it is only down here it is aclled the monkey

Go to Top of Page

fordi

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  7:55:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fordi to your friends list
The monkey is taking Blundells apart at the moment and has accounted for the majority of wins so far this season and it looks like I had better start practicing the monkey to compete.

Thanks for your help Chris

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  7:56:31 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list
Its called fishing the muppet round Sheffield. It also works with maggot for Ide really well.

If you don't weigh in then you've caught f*** all.
Go to Top of Page

PelletWaggler
Life Member

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 July 2010 :  11:49:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PelletWaggler to your friends list
Call it the mong round our ways.

Go to Top of Page

awnield

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 July 2010 :  08:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit awnield's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add awnield to your friends list
Might sound like a stupid question... but... if you're fishing with no float up in the water and you're 'flicking' the end of your pole about is the hook bait not going to be 'jumping' all over the place?

Or have I missed something?

Cheers fellas.

Go to Top of Page

brasem
Wear Champ 2011

Durham
England

Posted - 21 July 2010 :  09:26:27 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add brasem to your friends list
Having the bait moving around is the attraction, I had a duck having a go at my pellet waggler on sunday, it didn't matter as the duck was lifting the pellet up and down and the carp would have it.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 21 July 2010 :  11:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chris grant to your friends list
As much as people say it is unskillful and as I say, I like watching a float, years ago before poles we used to fish a local pool where we knew that we were missing bites high in the water from big rudd. We started using the poly ball on a waggler rig and for a while it worked realy well until the venue changed. If it is taking borders apart then it has to be considered seriously. I think where it works well as there is no resistance in the rig and it can be fished very high in the water

Go to Top of Page

SteveH
Lindholme Refugee

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 July 2010 :  11:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see SteveH's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add SteveH to your friends list
I have fished this method and it can be very productive, but the fishery owner put a new slant on it for me, between the stonfo and hook length he had a short piece of line then around a foot of pole elastic which acted as a float and took some shock from the first take (I assume)if a large Ide or a carp took the maggot or pellet he was using as bait.

Feeding little and often on this method was bringing the carp up as well as putting the Ide into competition for the bait.

The length of elastic also acted as a useful bite indicator showing the very first contact between fish and bait.

Edited by - SteveH on 21 July 2010 11:39:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

chris grant
Life Member

Posted - 21 July 2010 :  12:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit chris grant's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add chris grant to your friends list
Steve H

the idea of the monkey or whatever it is called depending on where you live is that the short rig acts as a bolt rig against the pole tip, the rig you described may not be as a direct in providing the bolt effect - anyway who cares if it works, it works

Go to Top of Page

awnield

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 July 2010 :  12:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit awnield's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add awnield to your friends list
So the 'bouncing' hook bait attracts the fish as well as the pole tapping the surface of the water (simulating feed)?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.08 seconds.