The Maggotdrowners Forum - Tricast Trilogy
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Tricast Trilogy
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 14 July 2010 :  5:07:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add peteblade to your friends list
I've just come into a little bit of money and I'm thinking of maybe upgrading my pole. I use a Tourny Pro at the moment and was wondering if the Tricast is much better as I haven't seen one. I'm obviously going to get hands on one before even contemplating changing. Does anyone know of any stockists in the Sheffield area.

If you don't weigh in then you've caught f*** all.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

chubby chubber
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 14 July 2010 :  5:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit chubby chubber's Homepage  Send chubby chubber a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add chubby chubber to your friends list
this any good to you mate http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum....asp?id=9131

Go to Top of Page

andy phelps
head banger

Germany

Posted - 14 July 2010 :  6:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Send andy phelps an ICQ Message  Click to see andy phelps's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add andy phelps to your friends list
i can find out where your nearest stockest is mate. i know nathans of derby can get them.

Go to Top of Page

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 14 July 2010 :  9:37:28 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list
I always wonder how some one can have a brand new pole for sale?

Go to Top of Page

hellsbells
Life Member

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 14 July 2010 :  10:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit hellsbells's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add hellsbells to your friends list
He had a brand new Pro X for sale recently.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

mikeb511
Life Member

Site Supporter

Cheshire
United Kingdom

you are a long time dead so go fishing

Posted - 23 July 2010 :  10:18:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mikeb511 to your friends list
HI TO ALL
i have a tricast trilogy pole tricast can not make them fast anuff the pole at 16.5m 1280g--at 13m it is 720g it is strong well i have to tell you if you are buying a tricast pole from a shop you have to register the pole so you have a guarantee and your free top three or power top two if you buy one from sum one ie,not from the shop you will not have a guarantee with it new or not i rang tricast up they told me and just one more thing if have a pro x then you will find the trilogy 25% better this pole is outstanding in every way ring Highfield angling 01204572219 ask for vine he will give you all the info,i hope this helps.---------mike

Go to Top of Page

fredradac
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 July 2010 :  4:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit fredradac's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fredradac to your friends list
Mikeb511
At the risk of appearing an ar*e I can tell you that full-stops are allowed on this website!!!
Anyway, some advice on Tri-cast poles please. To be honest I cannot justify even to myself an outlay of 2k for a new pole which I am in the market for. I do like, and trust, Tri-cast gear and last year I hummed and haared about the Finesse model before making do a bit longer with my faithful old Lerc pole. Now I'm wondering if the Finesse and even last year's Aristocract models may become available at reduced prices. I also see that this week's Angling Times gives a good review to the new entry model Senator but how much faith can you place in such reviews?

Go to Top of Page

batman
Life Member

Posted - 24 July 2010 :  10:20:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add batman to your friends list
fredradac, im pretty sure westons are doing the aristocrat for 1750 sure Iv'e seen them on ebay as they sell through there as well. Perhaps a phone call would get a bit more knocked off?

Go to Top of Page

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 27 July 2010 :  7:17:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list
Spoke to a bloke in the tackle trade and he reckons the Trilogy isn't as stiff as the Tourny! I may be dissapointed when I get hold of one!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

cyril
El blanko

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 July 2010 :  7:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyril's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cyril to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by peteblade

Spoke to a bloke in the tackle trade and he reckons the Trilogy isn't as stiff as the Tourny! I may be dissapointed when I get hold of one!

probley last longer than the tourny

Go to Top of Page

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 27 July 2010 :  9:48:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list
Nowt wrong with the Tourny Cyril. Mines 6 years old and I've never broken a section

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

cyril
El blanko

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 28 July 2010 :  6:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyril's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cyril to your friends list
quote :

Nowt wrong with the Tourny Cyril. Mines 6 years old and I've never broken a section

never said there was mate [:D never said there was owt right with um lol (

Go to Top of Page

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 06 August 2010 :  5:26:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list
Still waiting to get my hands on one. Spoke to a bloke who's got a Airity and he's just bought a Trilogy with the extension for all his carping. Mind you he is on a 50,000 + pension!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

cyril
El blanko

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 August 2010 :  10:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyril's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cyril to your friends list
quote :

Still waiting to get my hands on one. Spoke to a bloke who's got a Airity and he's just bought a Trilogy with the extension for all his carping. Mind you he is on a 50,000 + pension!!!!!

i had hold of one today was ok didnt make me go WOW if you get me

Go to Top of Page

darkhorse
Life Member

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  5:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit darkhorse's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add darkhorse to your friends list
is it any good in a side wind, also what is the supplied holdall like, on ebay states it also holds 3 rods???

Go to Top of Page

Nobby_nobbs
Life Member

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  5:16:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nobby_nobbs to your friends list
Darkhorse I have the Veriton and up to a point it handles about the same as any other pole with a similar profile the short interex 3 stiffens it up a lot if you want more info pm mak as he has the Trilogy

I wish Heisenberg would make his mind up
Go to Top of Page

Bungee
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  5:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bungee's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bungee to your friends list
Shame Tri-Cast don't rate and test their poles to the same elastic strength as Daiwa...

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

rotherhamrob

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  6:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit rotherhamrob's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add rotherhamrob to your friends list
Wickersley angling do tricast poles go down there and if he has one in he will set it up for you and any other you wish to try

Go to Top of Page

chunkylover
Ding Dang Do

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  9:00:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chunkylover to your friends list
I've spoke to a few guys in the tackle trade and also on the open matches and they all say the tourney is a better pole, only people I have heard saying the finesse is better are either sponsored by tricast or never owned a tourney. Being made by tricast I woukd expect it to be a very good solid pole though.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.53 seconds.