The Maggotdrowners Forum - Felton Fence Fishery
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 Felton Fence Fishery
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jmz
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 April 2010 :  4:06:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jmz to your friends list
Anybody fished here before? I didn't even know it existed until today and it's not far from my house.

Might have a look over next weekend.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Paul od
dave

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 18 April 2010 :  6:56:59 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paul od to your friends list
Last I heard, it was run by Leazes Park AA. before that it was run privately. I went a couple of times years ago, I remember some quite big carp, but whether it's still the same, I don't know.
I never hear of anyone going now.

PaulOD
Go to Top of Page

fishhead
toon barmy

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 18 April 2010 :  9:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishhead's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishhead to your friends list
I went a couple of years ago. It was 7 to fish. Went on the middle lake and fished pole up to the reeds, about 10 metres. I had carp all day up to 5lbs. Got snapped a few times though as they stormed through the reeds, but it was a decent days fishing.
I was fishing the middle lake just down from the farmhouse where you pay. The top one when you first go in has the bigger carp. The middle average 3lb and the bottom pond is more of a mixed fishery I think, never fished it myself but my mate reckons he lost a huge Bream there as he struggled to get it in the net.
Must admit I'd go a lot more often if I lived closer to the place. I've also heard they have a otter problem aswell though.

Go to Top of Page

fishhead
toon barmy

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 18 April 2010 :  9:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishhead's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishhead to your friends list
Here's their website

http://www.feltonfencefisheries.com/index.shtml

I thought there was only 3 lakes but it seems there's 4. It's maybe changed since I was last there.

Go to Top of Page

Jmz
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 April 2010 :  10:22:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jmz to your friends list
I was looking through some old fishing magazines today and came across it (in a magazine from last year) so I don't know if it's still a public fishery or anything. There's no news section on their site to see when it was last updated or anything.

Hopefully someone might have some more info, otherwise I'll get in touch with them through the website.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Jmz
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 April 2010 :  09:28:43 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jmz to your friends list
I've just tried to email them through their website but it gave me an error saying the account didn't exist. Not really a good sign!

Go to Top of Page

thetraveller
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines

Posted - 19 April 2010 :  09:54:13 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thetraveller to your friends list
I believe it changed ownership two or three years back. I fished the top pond and had tench and carp.

Haven't been back as it is easier going to Eden Meadows.

Go to Top of Page

Jmz
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 April 2010 :  10:04:28 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jmz to your friends list
Eden Meadows is another one I need to try, what's it like? I've only fished Aldin Grange so far this year.

Go to Top of Page

Jmz
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 April 2010 :  2:07:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jmz to your friends list
Found another website for Felton Fence: http://feltonfence.co.uk/

I'll try and get in touch with them through this site.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Philocalist
Life Member

England

Posted - 21 April 2010 :  7:12:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philocalist to your friends list
You could always be really radical and pick up the telephone The phone number is the same on both sites!

Go to Top of Page

62tucker
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 27 July 2010 :  10:03:22 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 62tucker to your friends list
went here yesterday and had a fish a cast on the middle lake of the 3 near farmhouse. all small roach or perch and most on corn or maggots or worm.tried pellets for carp but no signs of any.had walk arond 1st lake after we packed up and shoal of orfe,must of been 100 about a foot long,lovely site. i usaully fish angel of north but up here on hols so tried it out for first time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.47 seconds.