The Maggotdrowners Forum - Strange items for groundbait
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Strange items for groundbait
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bail4716
Account Locked

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  7:42:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bail4716 to your friends list
Hi everyone was just wondering what you guys thought of these ingrediants added to my own liquadised White or brown crumb.

Original hobnobs
digestive biscuits
ready break or oats so simple
any cereal corn flakes crunchy nut etc.

Does anyone think any ofthese would work?

Also has anyone got any other crazy household stuff they add to the mix

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

12f2004
Life Member

Site Supporter

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  7:51:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12f2004 to your friends list
possibly but a little expensive! keep the buscuits on the side tray for when you're feeling peckish!!

Take a visit to your local asian supermarket, corriander, ground chillie,

Go to Top of Page

bream fisherman
Life Member

Leicestershire

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  7:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit bream fisherman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add bream fisherman to your friends list
digestives and hobnobs will deffo work but will be expensive.
oats are reall a no go, they just turn to a thick stodge. no good for groundbait
corn flakes whizzed up in a blender may work well but they do take on a lot of liquid so use with caution. not too many or you'll make a stodgy groundbait

try adding custard powder to your crumb. or angel delight and sugar. worked well for Ivan Marks back in the day!

Go to Top of Page

bail4716
Account Locked

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  8:03:14 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bail4716 to your friends list
could i use jelly some how strawberry im just looking into saving a few quid and using stuff thats already in my kitchen

Go to Top of Page

TALLPAUL
Life Member

Site Supporter

East Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  8:09:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TALLPAUL to your friends list
I have used the cheapest custard creams finely blended, and treacle on odd times looking for Tench/Bream..Paul..

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

whalley1992
Account Locked

United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  8:24:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add whalley1992 to your friends list
I've used doritos the blue packet before seemed to work ok, crushed them up and chucked them into the mix. Have also used cheap boilies crushed up aswell with success.

Go to Top of Page

Cooky
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  8:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Cooky a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Cooky to your friends list
maybe the packet jelly powder as it only starts to set once added to boiling water

digestives you could just buy asdas cheapest ones same goes for any cereals

Go to Top of Page

Swingtipper

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  8:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swingtipper's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Swingtipper to your friends list
Have a word at your local dairy farm, many are buying in cattle feed from cereal producers, so where my Dad works they get all sorts, sugarpuffs, Frosties ect (complete with free plastic toys!)its all the stuff that would get rejected, some of the lads still eat it though!! At the moment they have a heap of white bread, they buy it for 90 a ton delivered in huge bulk lorries, sometimes it contains cakes as well, so if you know the herdsman and he likes a drink and you have a large sack..............

Go to Top of Page

B1gdaddy
Life Member

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  9:28:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add B1gdaddy to your friends list
I use all the leftover biscuits (minus cream fillings)& cereals to bulk out my brown crumb. I also use porridge oats (42p a kilo in tesco!) but only about 5% of the mix. Never goes stodgy at this ratio.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Serious Sam
Seriously Serious

Posted - 23 March 2010 :  11:44:32 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Serious Sam to your friends list
Was looking at trying digestives myself, in Lidl's it's 32p for a 400g packet which is 80p a kilo, cheaper than crumb !

Go to Top of Page

bail4716
Account Locked

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 March 2010 :  07:42:05 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bail4716 to your friends list
So do u think I should digestives instead of crumb would that work

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

bream fisherman
Life Member

Leicestershire

Posted - 24 March 2010 :  08:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit bream fisherman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add bream fisherman to your friends list
just digestives can also go sticky and stodgy. i'd mix the crumb and biscuit in a 50/50 ratio to begin with and see how you get on. if its too sticky reduce the amount of biscuit until you are happy.

as for the jelly, mix up a stiff jelly mix with hot water and soak some expanders in the cooling liquid. once thoroughly soaked drain and stick in the fridge to set. you now have jelly pellets. a quick shake will seperate the pellets when set.

Go to Top of Page

Eric The Red
crispy

Site Supporter

Durham
England

SICK OF WORK

Posted - 24 March 2010 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Eric The Red's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Eric The Red to your friends list
i have used various crisp flavours aleays trying the new flavours out , tomato ketchup flavour was a good one to mix with crumb it had a reddish tint and was a sweet flavour roach seemed to go mad for it . these were a canny bag of crisps but have never had gary lineker nicking them.cant say which company i get it from but we are not runners.

Allways a Red n white
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Towpath Tyke
aka J S-B

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 24 March 2010 :  1:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Towpath Tyke an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add Towpath Tyke to your friends list
Riddled luncheon meat (can be also dusted with additive)
Liquidised corn
Liquidised bread
Polenta (can add additives) aka Corn starch/meal
Vitalin
Liquidised cat/dog biscuits
Flaked maize from pet store (cheaper than cornflakes)
Layers mash
Layers mash pellets
Cous Cous
Liquidised chocolate
Cocoa
Liquidised coconut
Methi, Chilli, Curry, Coriander, Turmeric powders
Liquidised fresh chilli & Coriander
Cheesecake filling mix
Jelly chrystals
Mousse mix
Red, Orange, Green, Blue colour/flavour from Asia supermarket 3.58
.....etc

Yeh Olde Canal Angler

4th 2011 Northern Fir & Feather (Two 10lb Carp)
Go to Top of Page

zanderhunter
Life Member

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 March 2010 :  1:30:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zanderhunter to your friends list
i dont buy ready made groundbait anymore, i just put three loaves of hovis best of both through the blender, and add either muesli or weetabix to it, seems to work pretty well!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1.03 seconds.