The Maggotdrowners Forum - Hayfield lakes in A/T
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Talk
 Hayfield lakes in A/T
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Juzzy
YORKSHIRE BAITS UK

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 23 February 2010 :  10:21:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Juzzy to your friends list
Avery nice write up in the AT today about Rob and team take over

Hayfield promises to be the best commercial fishery in the UK
By Angling Times

Fishery News

23 February 2010 12:08

“I’m going to turn Hayfield Lakes into the country’s ultimate fishery.” That’s the promise of former Fish O’Mania champion Rob Hitchens, who has just taken over the lease at the popular Doncaster complex and has high hopes of it once again staging the final of the £25,000 televised winner-takes-all event.

Rob plans to leave no stone unturned in his quest to transform Hayfield into a ‘match angler’s paradise’, including:

Building a new 60-peg lake stocked with F1 carp
Reducing the price of entry to open matches to encourage more anglers
Creating four separate lakes by splitting up existing water Adams Lake
Securing venue sponsorship from major tackle manufacturer Spro
Opening up the on-site restaurant pub to anglers for the first time

Ironically, Rotherham angler Rob is now in charge of the very water which banned his infamous Wonder Paste after he became unbeatable in the matches there because of it. His first project is to dig a new rectangular lake with islands at a pole range of 13m-14m to ensure plenty of bites in the colder months.

“The current lakes are deep and the fish big, so the sport isn’t always good in winter – this will change, I can promise you that. Onceeverything is in place and settled down I want to look at the reasons Hayfield lost the Fish O’Mania final and what we can do to get it back.”

Rob recognises that visitors have had ‘issues’ with the running of the fishery in the past, and has a hit list of problems to tackle.

“I want to right the wrongs – and as an angler myself I can see it from both sides. I’m not going to make people cast over each other near the corners. I want to give clubs plenty of room so everybody has a good day’s fishing. It costs too much to enter a lot of today’s open matches, so the entry will be reduced to £15 – if anglers want to pay more there will be an optional pool on top,” said Rob.

I went saturday along with a few fellow members on here: sam the man,Barney,wrootwrob and jay p(captain pugwash )

I was the only person who had never been before and i must say how nice the place was

I had been told about the problems with people being told that they couldn't walk around to have a look So i asked Rob about this and he reply was along as people don't skyline people if there is a match and they respect the anglers fishing he has no problems

He was telling me about the plans for the pub which is going to be open to anglers and he wants to do what he can to be able for anyone to take there mrs/partner down for a meal so whilst they are looking at the menu you can always go and check out the fishong

Also has a campsite so a good place for a fishin having a pub/food and fishing onsite

I was lucky enough to snare 3 fish 1 a low double 1 about 7lb and 1 about 3-4lb And i can't wait to get back to have another go at it aswell

If ever anyone has met rob i'm sure they will tell you how approachable he is and if every he could help you he would He even went and got a rod out of his van for sam the man to use all set up and ready to go The only problem i had was never leave you marshmellows on your side tray as at 1 point Rob came and had ago and turned to me and said" you know the best thing to do with these marshmellows ??
No" i replied. To then see him putting a handfull in his mouth LMFAO
JUST WANT TO WISH ROB,ANNE AND STEVE GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE IN THERE VENTURE

Cheers Justin

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Donfish
'Wot's geet Wilf?

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 February 2010 :  10:31:02 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Donfish to your friends list
Do you know his Wonder Paste recipe?

Go to Top of Page

pipikins
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 23 February 2010 :  10:34:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pipikins to your friends list
F1 carp? They ain't carp. Whats the obsession??

Go to Top of Page

Juzzy
YORKSHIRE BAITS UK

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 23 February 2010 :  10:49:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Juzzy to your friends list
Donfish in a word No i;m sorry i'm not lucky enough to know the recipe

Go to Top of Page

pourerkev
Life Member

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 26 February 2010 :  7:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pourerkev's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add pourerkev to your friends list
IVE had a good chat with Rob Hitchens and he has asked me to stick this on for him , just to clarify a few things
about yesterdays article in the A/T , where it states that he will be "Creating four separate lakes by splitting up existing water Adams Lake"

this has been misinterpreted and it it not what Rob had said , he has contacted the A/T to put this right but wants you all to know what the situation really is .
he is going to fill the gap between big adams and little adams under the bridge to make the banks more suitable

what his plans are is to to take out any fish over 4lb from BIG ADAMS and spread them in to the other lakes
and re stock with stocky carp to make the fisherie better,
there are no plans to remove any fish or move any fish until the end of the year,
but Rob plans to introduce plenty of fish during 2010

on another note , re match fees
Rob plans to introduce a flat rate of £15 for the hayfileds opens with a added optional super pools if you want it , please note this is purely optional
the £15 includes the pegging fee and the normal pools money

for any enq on match bookings please ring hayfields on 01302 864555

Edited by - pourerkev on 26 February 2010 7:08:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 1 seconds.