The Maggotdrowners Forum - garbolino g796
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 garbolino g796
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jamieliverpool

Posted - 23 February 2010 :  9:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jamieliverpool's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add Jamieliverpool to your friends list
Iv just bought a second hand garbolino g796 for 400 only been used once so is in perfect condition.Im picking it up on saturday so not seen it yet. Im just wondering if any1 else has got the pole and is it any good?I usually fish commercials with carp 10-15 lb is this pole strong enough to deal with lumps like this?Im also going to be fishing matches this summer is the pole ok to fish at length?
Thanks any help would be great

Jamie

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

piperpilot
Life Member

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  08:50:42 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add piperpilot to your friends list
The 796 is easilly fishable at 16m. It's a strong pole but with Lumps of that size it's best to use a short number 4 section. It was sold with an excellent spares package and cost around 950 give or take a few quid,

Go to Top of Page

123moffatt
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  2:54:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 123moffatt to your friends list
hi, iv had this pole since it come out, and paid a grand for it, iv landed carp to 18 pounds with no probs, and its never let me down and i fish 2 somtimes 3 times a week, iv had it blow off the roller, its had a lot off hammer, and still going strong, cracking pole, so i recently upgraded to the g10, i think you got a bargin mate, hope this helps, ive got alot off confience with the g796 and keeping it for long bagging work and dangling bread/buiscit ect .

Go to Top of Page

methodgob
yoda

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

Missing my fishing mate.

My Photo Album

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  3:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit methodgob's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add methodgob to your friends list
I've had one for a while too. Just had to replace my first broken section on it.Neil at Lindholm has ordered me a new no6 and I'm having the other repaired.It hasn't so much broken as, delaminated inside and it's opening up like a crack you can't see it unless you apply pressure.

I've written a fair bit about this pole in the past......

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum...rchTerms=796

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum...rchTerms=796

Inaugral Nick Clark memorial match winner 2012

MATRIX HALIFAX

Go to Top of Page

Jamieliverpool

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  7:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jamieliverpool's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Jamieliverpool to your friends list
Thanks for the advice lads i feel much better know i know you've had a 18lb on it. Im really looking forward to using it now. What size elastics have you got on your power tops and match tops?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

123moffatt
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  7:10:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 123moffatt to your friends list
iv got 18-20 red drennan bungie in 2 and purple preston hollow in my other power kit, match kit av removed all the number ones and put up to a black hydro fru it, my other match kits have got white hydro middy hollow yellow, and the rest preston slip elastic down to a number 2, hope this helps

Go to Top of Page

Jamieliverpool

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  7:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jamieliverpool's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Jamieliverpool to your friends list
Thanks mate really looking forward to using it now. Well done on getting that 18 pounder mate that must of took some time to get in biggest iv had on the pole is 13lb hopefully tha'll change this summer

Go to Top of Page

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  8:04:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list
Iv'e had one for several years now and only had a couple of issues. Broke normal No4 playing a large carp & snapped No 6 in half when wind blew Vee roller over, other than that no problems. Can't remember if the pole comes with the short No4's, seem to recall having to order them seperatly. If you do the short No4's on all the G series poles are all the same and will fit any of the G poles .

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

Jamieliverpool

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  8:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jamieliverpool's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Jamieliverpool to your friends list
Iv heard alot of people mention the short No 4 section now how important is this if it has caused so many problems im surprised it was included with all the spares that come with the pole. Was it a really big carp that snapped yours or is it just a weak point of the pole?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

123moffatt
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  8:30:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 123moffatt to your friends list
i allways use a short number 4, imo just makes the pole feel alot better,at length, i dont think it makes it stronger tho, it makes it easir to land fish if u have got a lot off elastic coming out, i even always use a short 4 even in my g10, unless i need the extra length, hope this helps mate.

Go to Top of Page

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  8:34:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list
Couldn't be sure for certain,(It was definatly a big carp 10lb + if i remember rightly) I had to jump in and just managed to grab the top before it got away, everyone had a good laugh!!! Since it happend iv'e always used the short section. It certainly stiffens the pole up as it also has a fast tapper. Only down side is if you have to fish 16meter's the pole is about half a meter shorter.

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Jamieliverpool

Posted - 24 February 2010 :  8:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jamieliverpool's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Jamieliverpool to your friends list
sorry lads but im quite new to pole fishing the pole i have now is really basic. Is the number 4 section the section before the power kits? sorry if this is a stupid question

Go to Top of Page

Russ G
Rusty

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 February 2010 :  07:25:27 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ G to your friends list
The G796 are are re-sprayed Super legions.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Raver

Posted - 25 February 2010 :  11:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Raver's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Raver to your friends list
G796 are very similar to Super Legions but they're not the same. !!

Had a G796 for about 3/4 years now - had carp to 18LB on it & never once thought it was going to go on me. Personally i think it's a bit heavy / droopy to fish 16m for long periods of time especially if there's any wind. Really good pole at 13m & still very good at 14.5m.

I always use a short no.4 as i just feel more confident than with the standard No.4's. Only broke 1 section - no.6 which was completly my fault - new section arrived inside 1 week. Been a really good pole & my next pole will Def be a Garbolino !!!!

Go to Top of Page

shallow master

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 February 2010 :  9:00:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shallow master to your friends list
the g796 is good upto 14.5 meter but its a bit floppy at 16m . very strong tho mate

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.5 seconds.