The Maggotdrowners Forum - Crimple Fishery Harrogate
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 Crimple Fishery Harrogate
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miker
Life Member

Cheshire
England

Posted - 21 January 2010 :  8:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit miker's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add miker to your friends list
Visiting friends in Harrogate this weekend. Crimple Fishery looks to be the nearest to their house, going Sunday morning.
Does anyone know of this lake and if its any good? Tips on what is in the water and what to catch them on, if anyone knows.

Thanks

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Eric The Red
crispy

Site Supporter

Durham
England

SICK OF WORK

Posted - 26 January 2010 :  1:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Eric The Red's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Eric The Red to your friends list
how did it go miker , i have camped at rudding park a couple of times and while walking to the travellers rest pub,i saw this fishery and wondered what its like

Allways a Red n white
Go to Top of Page

methodgob
yoda

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 26 January 2010 :  3:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit methodgob's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add methodgob to your friends list
It's got a drag of a hill to get back up at the end of the day! I know that much!

Last time we fished it it was very shallow.
There were literally thousands of tiny silver fish of about an ounce.
We caught a few small pastie sized carp and a couple of lumps on floating bread.

We found that 6 and 8 mm hard pelletts were best as feed as the silvers didn't let anything else reach the bottom.An 8 or 10 mm pellet banded was the best hook bait or artificial floating bread....but that was back in the summer.
We also had to book in,which was strange and had to knock the guy out of bed for a ticket as he'd told us not to go down without getting one first.

In all honesty You'd be better going across the junction to Sunrise lakes at Spofforth.Not much further away and a much better fishery!

Go to Top of Page

stymie
Life Member

North Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 26 January 2010 :  7:40:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stymie to your friends list
What methodgob says really, the deeper end is down to your left as you look at the lake from the car park, there are a lot of bits to wade through but some quality roach too, nice enough bloke who runs the lake and keeps it pristine. He put a load of Barble in recently and they seem to be doing ok although they all appear to be around 12oz. Nice place to spend a few hours, and as mentioned sunrise 10 mins from here, spoiled for choice eh!

Go to Top of Page

miker
Life Member

Cheshire
England

Posted - 26 January 2010 :  8:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit miker's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add miker to your friends list
Didn't go in the end,phoned the Venue on Saturday and they told me it was still iced up..! Will try it next time visiting friends.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.48 seconds.