The Maggotdrowners Forum - Mere Moore, Top End Farm, near Crewe
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 Mere Moore, Top End Farm, near Crewe
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamesonjim

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 January 2010 :  12:28:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jamesonjim to your friends list
Hi folks

Has anyone ever fished at Mere Moore, Top End Farm, near Crewe. I'm having difficulty in finding any mention of it on the web!

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 January 2010 :  4:03:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list

hi mate l live in Crewe and have never heard of this place, are you sure you have got the name right

Go to Top of Page

jamesonjim

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2010 :  10:01:07 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesonjim to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by nutmeg

hi mate l live in Crewe and have never heard of this place, are you sure you have got the name right

Hi nutmeg - Had some replies on Total Fishing, postcode is CW2 5NT and the name is Mere Moor.I'm told is is awesome in summer, bags over 100 lbs, mainly carp around 2 lbs.

Go to Top of Page

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2010 :  8:57:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list
hmmm still does not ring any bells sorry, just wondering wether its a day ticket fishery at Barthomley on the way to Alsager. if so it does fish well but gets packed out and over fished, my own personal idea of hell fishing.
will make some enquirees this week and get back to you

Go to Top of Page

pham
Life Member

Staffordshire
United States

Posted - 11 January 2010 :  1:32:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pham to your friends list
It goes by a few names mate, Mere moor, barthomley fisheries etc.

The fishery is just a few muddy holes in the ground and I wouldn't say they are looked after by the brightest bunch (or they weren't the last time I went).

It is really easy in the summer, where anything less than 100Ib is a struggle! Me and my old man manged near 300Ib each last year! I was catching on a bare hook on the method feeder.

Definetly worth a go but not the prettiest of fisheries!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

jamesonjim

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2010 :  5:07:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesonjim to your friends list
Many thanks lads, we have a match there at the beginning of February, I just hope for a change in weather.

Go to Top of Page

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2010 :  6:41:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list
hi Pham
is it the place down by the railway line, it seems as though it is the place l was thinking of. would not go there if they paid me to fish it. but each to their own eh enjoy.

Go to Top of Page

pham
Life Member

Staffordshire
United States

Posted - 12 January 2010 :  08:12:50 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pham to your friends list
Yeah thats the place nutmeg.

Jamesonjim, you can have some crackin days on there in the winter mate. There's so many fish in there that there's a very good chance you'll sit on the fish! If u do then enjoy, i've done over 100Ib in January on the 1st pool. 2nd pool tends to do the better weights in the summer though!

Go to Top of Page

nutmeg
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2010 :  1:21:06 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list
his brother paul owns the other day ticket complex just down the road at Radway Green at Walnut Tree Farm, dont know what it fishes like in the winter and not been there for over three years when l used to take my brother who was ill and could not walk far. pay on the bank.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

jamesonjim

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2010 :  5:57:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesonjim to your friends list
Thanks pham, if you don't try it you will never know, I'll let you know how we get on.

Go to Top of Page

jamesonjim

Merseyside
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 February 2010 :  8:27:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesonjim to your friends list
Well folks, we had a match on Pool 2 yesterday, the 6th Feb. We spent an hour breaking the ice, it remained foggy all day, with not a breath of wind. If you didn't move your float every minute for the first hour or so, it froze over. 12 of us fished and it was won by 5 lb 9 oz, one fish, carp, taken on the feeder at the back of the island. Next was 2 lb 12 oz of silvers, from the corner peg at the back of the island. I won't mention any more. Interesting though, there was a match on Pool 1 and I believe carp were being pulled out all day.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.5 seconds.